nested quotes

fusername

nested quotes

Post by fusername »

random and odd I know, but I just noticed the new software has a limit to 3 nested quotes max in a post, or it may have been 2. Anyways I have seen nested quotes go nuts, but a software enforced rule seems overkill and a tad inconvenient. Old posts w/ multiple nested quotes seem to be displaying fine so it appears to be a precaution for page layout preservation, not a lmiitation anywhere in the software.

think we could lift the ban, or bump it up to like 10 or so? I know i know, im a fussy bastard, but you gave me aa suggustion box and I am gonna wedge my hand in it! :lol:
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
doc
Site Admin

Re: nested quotes

Post by doc »

Well ....... it's always something. :roll:

I have removed the limitation. Nesting is now unlimited. Let's see what happens.

doc
fusername

Post by fusername »

yeah a minor thing, but glad its fixed, no we can go back to our massive nested trees! ok it probably only happened once, in the ORF i mean where else?

only time I've ever seen it abused was on a other board, but i think it was powered by something else. with enough nested quotes, and if you got acouple tags wrong just right, it would quote the whole page, all the posts as being a quote, and throw a border around the forum. now to test it here since you lifted the band :twisted:
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
david58

Post by david58 »

fusername I have a band aid if you need one for that paper cut. :D Just joking I am glad to see the band lifted, but Hedrock might not be. :lol: We did get a little carried away in his build thread about a year ago. But we gave him incentive to get his car off jack stands.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.