strange topic?

boxertje

strange topic?

Post by boxertje »

found a strange topic in "speed and dragracing"??????? :?
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I can only assume that you have happened on one of the spam posts. They are awful. I apologize to you and to all who happen across these posts on the board.

I work very hard to keep the spammers out. But I cannot sit here 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, the spammers are automated and are very devious about attacking open websites like STF. After all, anybody can register here. In truth, they are more sophisticated than that and, by targeting flaws in our software, just bypass the whole registration process and go straight to the post.

On the other side of the coin, I have to remove each of the posts manually and, much worse, I have to manually remove spammers who enter the database and never post at a rate of about 50 to 1. Feel sorry for me yet? :roll:

We continue to search for ways to make this problem less than what it is today. Again, I apologize to all who find spam posts on the site.

BTW, please never respond or click a link in a spam post. And there is no need to report a spam post unless it is more than 24 hours old. It just means you got there before I did. The next time I'm online, I'll find it and delete. If you find an older post that needs to be deleted, contact the moderator or me.

And, finally, if this is completely off the mark relative to your question........my bad!! :oops:

doc
boxertje

strange topic

Post by boxertje »

keep up the good work !!I hope there are no strang programs attached on the topic because out of curiousity I did open it,But what the hell,...it was on my girlfriend computer :twisted:
1960vw

Financial support?

Post by 1960vw »

I recently joined and have found a great supply of info and members are great as well. Common cause makes us family. Anyway, since I'm sure there is an expense running this site, has there been a contribution run to help support these forums? I sure would like to help out if there is one.