Forum Speed

Odyknuck

Forum Speed

Post by Odyknuck »

I have troble with the speed of the forum especialy the Search function. It takes a lot longer to load pages and a lot of times the search function just stops? FYI its only shoptalkforums. Samba Woodsbuggy.cpm etc are OK.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Thank you. We'll try and get it fixed.

doc
65beeter

Post by 65beeter »

I have trouble with the sites speed too, wasn't sure if it was just me :wink:
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

There have been several occasions where I have had to stop my search and try again later. I figured it was "traffic". Seems I figured wrong. :roll:
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

Just another piece of info to help troublesohot the speed and search issue. I have the same problem no matter where i am accessing the site from and on different computers running different IPS's.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

Odyknuck wrote:Just another piece of info to help troublesohot the speed and search issue. I have the same problem no matter where i am accessing the site from and on different computers running different IPS's.
Im back to having this issue.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

We are trying to find a way to do some server upgrade work, which may dramatically improve speed. Currently, costs are holding us back. But we'll find the answer.

Thanks for the report.

doc
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

doc wrote:We are trying to find a way to do some server upgrade work, which may dramatically improve speed. Currently, costs are holding us back. But we'll find the answer.

Thanks for the report.

doc
Is there a way we can contribute to help pay for the upgrades? Maybe a paypal account?
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Thanks, but no, no donations right now. To date, STF has excepted neither advertising nor donations. Nor do we sell anything. This has had the benefit of keeping a very level playing field for all members. Most of the longtimers would agree, IMO, that this has been a good thing. However, the reality of the site becoming more expensive to run and maintain over time is an ongoing issue. And, perhaps, someday I won't be around to foot the bill. So, long term, it is a continuing issue for our community.

New members are just as important to take the place of both moderators and very active members who give so freely of their time and talents. Life inevitably changes and people come and go. The hobby is really the only constant.

There is substantial discussion among several moderators going on now cooking up ideas. We'll see what happens. Until then, don't spend ALL your dough on gas. :D

Thanks again.

doc