Saving Private Messages

david58

Saving Private Messages

Post by david58 »

Is there anyway to save the info to My Computer in these two PM Boxes? The Sent Box and Save Box. I know it can be done message by message, however that would take a long time as both are full.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Cut-N-Paste.
Glenn
74 Beetle Specs | 74 Beetle Restoration | 2180cc Engine
"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

http://www.DasVolks.com
AdminSteve
Site Admin

Post by AdminSteve »

Cut and Paste is the only way. :?
david58

Post by david58 »

AdminSteve wrote:Cut and Paste is the only way. :?
Well I am hardheaded. So my saved box was 98% and so was my inbox I figured I was going to lose the messages anyway cos that is just too much Cut and Pasting for me. So I saved all the messages in the inbox. Now my inbox is 245% full and I didn't lose any messages. :wink:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

You're like the women at work that save every email they get.

One will attach a 1mb attachment and send it to 3 others. One will reply and end to to everyone. Another will reply and so one each time that 1mb attachment keeps getting passed around. After a short time each of the 3 women have 7-10 copies and they save them all. That's 30mb or server space wasted.

Treat PMs and email like regular mail. Once you read it, delete it unless it's absolutely critical that you save it.
Glenn

david58

Post by david58 »

Glenn wrote: Treat PMs and email like regular mail. Once you read it, delete it unless it's absolutely critical that you save it.
Well I use mail and PM as a search engine to find old topics and will until the search feature works.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

David58bug wrote:
Glenn wrote: Treat PMs and email like regular mail. Once you read it, delete it unless it's absolutely critical that you save it.
Well I use mail and PM as a search engine to find old topics and will until the search feature works.
How about setting up a bookmark folder and just bookmarking them?
Glenn

SiQDiZ
Site Admin

Post by SiQDiZ »

Glenn wrote:You're like the women at work that save every email they get.

One will attach a 1mb attachment and send it to 3 others. One will reply and end to to everyone. Another will reply and so one each time that 1mb attachment keeps getting passed around. After a short time each of the 3 women have 7-10 copies and they save them all. That's 30mb or server space wasted.

Treat PMs and email like regular mail. Once you read it, delete it unless it's absolutely critical that you save it.
This is not correct, for example if you are sending a mail with attachment to three collegues, the server only stores it once and links it. This technique is called single instance.

The newest version of the forum software has a feature that will allow users to export their Messages folder to their local computer.

Cheers,

Oscar :D