IAC issue

Jadewombat

IAC issue

Post by Jadewombat »

I have a 3.57 system on my 1600, engle 110 cam. I can get it to start, but it's running like poop. Trying to adjust the VE and start up settings, etc.

I have a Bosch 3-wire IAC off a Volvo or something I tried routing into my system. I was troubleshooting and tried to actuate the IAC through TS on both stepper and PWM settings and physically watch if anything happened. No air passes through it and it doesn't seem to be working.

The picture was the example I used and I have it wired up as

-Left (open) to the MS ECU
-Center (12V) to 12V +
-Right (close) to ground

Is this wrong and is it not possible to do a 3 wire IAC with this system? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trbugman

Re: IAC issue

Post by trbugman »

You have it wired wrong, I couldn't find it in the new manuals so here is a link to the old web version:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... .htm#Fidle
2333(103x70) Type 4 DTM MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
Jadewombat

Re: IAC issue

Post by Jadewombat »

I switched the wires and the valve started working (well, it went full-open and stayed there). I was/am missing that huge resistor and have to get one of those, but it was wired correctly originally. Thanks again.