tuner studio and windows 10

Piledriver

Re: tuner studio and windows 10

Post by Piledriver »

Passatman wrote:Guys which of the versions of megalog viewer did you get the premium or the lite version. Can the premium work with MS3x ECUs.
They are the same software...until you register them.

This unlocks autotune and some flexible serial comms modes and features that make a huge difference IMHO, as well as a few other features.

MegaLogViewer is for log analysis, and the registered version has some more powerful analysis features.

Both are still usable in the free-to-use "lite" mode, but I have never regretted registering for a moment.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

Pile which of the two do you think i should buy. Isn't autotune already in tuner studio.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Passatman wrote:Pile which of the two do you think i should buy. Isn't autotune already in tuner studio.
Autotune is only available in Tunerstudio if you have registered it.
Otherwise you are in TunerStudio "lite" mode.

If you have to pick one register TS first, even for that feature alone.
DO set your lamba delay table up, works ~flawlessly with reasonable numbers, the default is OK if you have a v8 with the O2 sensors in cast iron manifolds a foot from the valves.

I have no idea how MLV works unregistered, have never tried it that way.

I bought both on sale the day I got the car started using it in "lite" mode, which is actually the same files, just w/o registration some things aren't available, like autotune, WUE autotune, better serial options, better wheel logger etc.
I drove it a bit trying to use the logs and the log based tuning feature of MLV, but it was slow going.

I had a drivable VE table in 5 minutes with autotune, and that was before I figured out the default table was borked for long tube headers.

The tuning feature in MLV has one fixed delay you can set per run, and it will only get you in the ballpark, lots of noise in the tune.
Could work if you divided the load map up into 10 sectors and set the filters so you tuned each individually.
Of course you'd have to figure out what the lambda delay was for each of those and figure out what each was on a scale of 1-9... not milliseconds, 1-9. Somethings, undefined.

With MLV, it used not to really matter except from an ethical standpoint, now its missing some advanced features...
(that I probably don't know about or use... scatter plots are useful)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.