LC-1 routing

veloracer

LC-1 routing

Post by veloracer »

So I have my LC-1 routed through the engine bay and I'm wondering now if I should rethink the placement. After driving for about 40 minutes, my AFR seems to go wonky at times. Like when it idles, it will show 22.1 which I think is the max value but I know for a fact that my VE\AFR tables for idle are fine. Is anyone else running an LC-1 through the engine bay? If you route it differently, I'd like to know how you have done it in a Type 1.

Here is my pic, now it looks like it's touching tin but it isn't. However, when I touch the LC-1 box after running a bit, that SOB is hot

Thanks
Tonyg
juki48

Re: LC-1 routing

Post by juki48 »

I wouldn't put that there. I've had cheap plastic split wire loom melt to the cylinder tins in that very spot. can you try just moving it so it is over the engine block itself or up higher so it doesn't get so much heat from the cylinders?
Riley

74 Ghia 2276 Turbo MSII Extra
67 Beetle in restoration
Manx Style buggy 1600 stock
veloracer

Post by veloracer »

Yeah, probably over the cylinder tin is not a good idea. I may have to rethink how I route it. Under the car and up through the heater channel maybe.
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Could be interference from the coil and wires. I had reset issues my old LC1 that I could never solve.