IAC 1 lead

STOICH

Re: IAC 1 lead

Post by STOICH »

jhoefer wrote:
STOICH wrote:
Piledriver wrote:It's just like the ignition relay has to be on switched power...
...use the ignition relay to power the coils of the fan relays.
The ECU electronics may turn things "on" otherwise when powered down.

By having switched power on 86, it's impossible for the relay to supply power to the fan when the ignition is off regardless of what pin 85 is doing.
I changed everything to being powered by the switch after this conversation:
Since this conversation, nothing engine related works when the master switch is off- Fans, pump, all of it goes dead with master switch. This is when this particular problem started. If the computer is running the fans when the car is turned off- the computer leaves the fans on when the car is restarted. Hot or cold. If I allow the fans to stop running naturally (by cooling the engine down) then turn off the car- the fans will operate as desired. When I do accidentally turn the car off with the fans running, I have to go back to tunerstudio, and turn the IAC settings opposite of how they are - from off to on, or visa-versa. I really appreciate the feedback- At this point, I really feel this is a setting in tunerstudio. I just don't know which one it is.
Piledriver

Re: IAC 1 lead

Post by Piledriver »

It has been awhile since I used the MS2extra setup, but on MS3 there is a table that can set initial conditions etc on most if not all of the programmable outputs, I'm pretty sure MS2extra has similar.

(It's probably the same page for actually programming the programmable outputs.)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.