Some doubts to go MS in WBX

profe

Re: Some doubts to go MS in WBX

Post by profe »

You have to set your WBO2 type before it will read anything sane.

The calibration setup #s for the MAPDaddy are in that link...
It's done. And works Ok. Thanks Pile
It's possible the MAPDaddy does the altitude correction internally, the "conventional" correction uses a second sensor and input..

Don't have one. ask Matt Cramer at DIYAutotune or Mario.
Yes. I think MapDaddy must do altitude correction by itself. I will check it when connecting the MS to the engine. Thanks again.
profe

Post by profe »

Hi again.

I continue -again- with this project after a long dead time. A lot of new problems appeared that I can't solve by myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Firstable I must say that I reflashed the chip. I downloaded the latest MS extra code available. Still wonder myself why I did it :? (new lot issues to be solved). Most of my questions are related to config TunerStudio with this new firmware or hardware in the PCB.

I am not sure if I can ask questions related to MS extra in this forum, apologize and delete this thread if is not allowed, please.

Here we go!.

My main issue now is that rpm gauge doesn't works (TunerStudio last version). Before -with B&Grippo- it worked with the same Stimulator (V2.21). I did not connect the Megasquirt to the engine, just testing it at home with the Stim & laptop.

My goals:
- LS2 wasted spark
- Two squirts per cycle
- OEM injectors (by now)
- Eliminate Vane Air Flow Meter.

Hardware & devices added to the OEM engine (VW DJ 2100)
- Hall sensor IGT101DC with 36- crank wheel
- Innovate LC1 O2 sensor
- Topran 205631 TPS

Jumpers & wires done in the PCB &Proto Board following MS2V30_Hardware_3.3 pdf document.
- TACHSELECT to VRIN
- TSEL to VROUT
- R56 & R52 are well adjusted following procedure of turns from Megamanual
- 2 resistor 1K on the protoarea from 5+ to diodes D14 & D16. Then jumpered to IGN & SPR4
- I soldered circuit PWM idle valve adding following 3.5.4.2 2-wire PWM idle valve from that document.
- And finally I jumpered the CANH &CANL to JS6 & JS8.

Any idea why TunnerStudio can't read rpm now?. I tried to change some options in TS but the only I could get is RPM red coloured to more than 65.000 rpm an error message about tacho out.

Thanks in advance again.
trbugman

Post by trbugman »

There is no problem asking for help, this forum isn't as strict as others.

If the RPM gauge is bouncing between 0 and 65k it sounds like there is a configuration error somewhere, like one output is used by 2 different functions. If you zip up your MSQ you can upload it to the board and then we can look at it and help trouble shoot your issue. You can also open "mini terminal" in Tunerstudio and power cycle the MS and it should give you an error message that should help find the issue.
2333(103x70) Type 4 DTM MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
profe

Post by profe »

Thanks for your rapid answer.

How can I zip up the MSQ file?. Sorry I am completely newbie with MS & TunnerStudio.

By the way, it seems I expressed bad my problems (my english is not very good). The RPM doesn't move at all when I connect the Megasquirt to the laptop and I turn the RPM potenciometer at Stim. But when I change Tacho Ouput (default is D14) to a JS10 i.e., after power cycle the MsII the gauge gets completely red and says more than 65.000 rpm are reached. I mean that or NO RPM signal with some settings, or the RPM are top scale to 65000 RPM with another settings in Ignition Stettings or Basic Load Setting options.

I have proved with severals Tacho Output & Spark Output Pin option. Always the same story: no RPM or I have the faster WBX engine of the whole word (spins to 65.000 RPM) :D
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

The 65000 rpm indication is a configuration error indicator.
Look for text error messages when that happens, usually when you connect.

As trbugman noted, its from usually trying to use one output or input for two things, TunerStudio will tell you what to look at.

Make certain you loaded the uS firmware file, a few IOs differ from std ms2.

For dealing with zipfiles, on Windows you can use info-zip and WIZ for the GUI if you like, free, Free//fully open source.
http://www.info-zip.org/

7zip is also very good, not sure if STF can deal with p7z extension. (easy use from the right click menu) it can also open and create std zip files. Also free/Free.
http://www.7-zip.org/
Last edited by Piledriver on Sat May 23, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
profe

Post by profe »

Conflict with tacho output

That's the report error that appears if I change in Tacho Ouptuts settings from JS10 to D14.

If I left the default value of D14, RPM gauge doesn't respond to the Stim.

Could be that Stim 2.21 is not fully compatible with the MS-Extra code?. IAT, CLT, O2 and TPS potenciometers work fine.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

If you are not running a distributor and its configured for a triggerwheel, the megastim won't show rpm. You either need a Jimstim or a car to try it in.
profe

Post by profe »

f you are not running a distributor and its configured for a triggerwheel, the megastim won't show rpm. You either need a Jimstim or a car to try it in.
It has sense.

Before whith B&G code, the same hardware and the same Stim everything worked well on TunnerStudio. I know that Extra code has more capabilities and different default settings. Maybe this is the reason that Extra code doesn't read the same inputs than B&G.

Thanks Chip Birks.