Broken CB Fuel Rail Bracket

risk

Broken CB Fuel Rail Bracket

Post by risk »

After several years of running the CB fuel rail brackets (EFI end castings), I had one break. Soaked the engine bay with E85, but did not catch fire thank goodness.

I believe the weakness in in their bend radius, or lack thereof.. And over time they fatigue and break right at the bend. I thought about just building my own with a better bend radius and somewhat thicker material. I plan on adding provisions for mounting safety wire too as a failsafe.

Mario has a sweet fuel rail setup, but I don't have the coin for that right now.. saving up for MS3.

Anyone have pics of their hold downs they have built?
kangaboy

Re: Broken CB Fuel Rail Bracket

Post by kangaboy »

Yikes...I just made some of my own out of a thick steel bar. You're not the first to mention that you have had them break though, and after thinking about my homegrown blend, I think they will be one of the first things I upgrade this winter.

andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

looks ok though? if you put a gusset on one side it would be even more solid i reckon?
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

I would fix the problem instead of reworking a bad design. As an example of a better idea here is a link to a style of injector holder , each injector is fed by an AN line, http://www.billet-speed.com/fuel-injector-holder/
Not trying to anger anyone , just trying to help. Mike McCarthy
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I'm pretty sure Mario sells rail brackets for the CB rails.

I know I got all mine from him when I built my FI.

All I ordered from CB Performance was the FI rails and the intakes and Mario supplied me with injector hold downs and rail hold downs.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
billz60vw

Post by billz60vw »

I sold my cb setup along time ago, but what i did was a square block of aluminum with two holes drilled one counter sunk to bolt to the rail from the bottom and the other bolt pointing down to the manifold. Hope this helps and there have been two major engine burn downs becouse of this so make sure you fix it.
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

I do have Stainless brackets for the original CB end castings. I had them made to support my billet fuel rails. They should be great for standard rails :D
2016-06-14 17.22.38.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store