Post by WhiteJawz1 »

I am running a 1679cc turbo
At 10 psi, planning for more
Stock valve size
Mild porting
Stock cam
Stock rockers
7.65:1 compression

I picked up some 270cc Honda injectors and a Honda throttle body (57mm)
The throttle body looks perfect and has the throttle position sensor and all that fancy stuff
I'm unsure and believe the injectors are to small, good thing they was free
do you guys think this stuff would be good for swapping my turbo setup over to fi
Clonebug

Re: What size injectors and Throttle body for turbo engine

Post by Clonebug »

According to my quick calculations those injectors should be good to about 185 hp. That is based on my 336cc injectors being good to 230 hp.
Depending on what FI endpieces you use you might have trouble fitting those to an intake. CBP intakes use a Bosch style injector whereas Honda is an EV style????? I'm not positive but you might want to check.

You can probably find the spec online if you need more specific info.

Based on my 1679cc engine experience I would guess you would get about 100-120 hp with 10 lbs boost depending on your turbo, ignition advance control and IAT's.
I would say that TB is on the large side for that small of an engine. I am using the stock German TB and it is around 42 mm as far as I know. I have very good throttle response on and off boost.

Your compression is just almost the same as mine but I have a W-100 cam.

If you have the stock crank in it and only rev to 5000 rpm you will probably be in the ballpark of the above hp.

Ask Mario at thedubshop.net if that TPS will work with FI.

What FI system are you planning on running???
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
WhiteJawz1

Re: What size injectors and Throttle body for turbo engine

Post by WhiteJawz1 »

I just got the stuff for free and wanted to know if I should give it to a Honda kid or keep it for going fi in the long run