Testimonial: MPS rebuild kit install from Tangerine Racing

aircooledtechguy

Testimonial: MPS rebuild kit install from Tangerine Racing

Post by aircooledtechguy »

So I finally had a reason to purchase one of the Manifold Pressure Sensor (MPS) rebuild kits that Tangerine Racing recently started producing and selling. A client had a low mileage 914 2.0L that had a busted diaphragm. This is about the only reason these things go bad and is the Achilles heel of the D-jet system.

I bought the basic kit which just has the replacement diaphragm and the seals since I have a shop fill of tools. I would recommend a DIYer to get the complete tuning kit as it will ensure you have everything you need.

Here’s a link to the page:
http://www.tangerineracing.com/engine.htm

The directions provided are complete and really make it idiot-proof (I did it; so can you).

The whole process took about 30 minutes to complete and now all I need to do is do the final adjustment out on the car when the client brings his car back with my loaner MPS.

Chris’s products are the industry standard in the Porsche world and this rebuild kit is no exception. If you have a bad MPS and want to go back to stock D-jet EFI, I highly encourage you to pick-up one of his kits.