New Intake

Kalle

Re: New Intake

Post by Kalle »

Paul H wrote:
Kalle wrote:The intakes are going on my 2332 E85/turbo engine later on. I will keep you all updated with regards to the results.

Best rgs
BB
Will you re mount the injectors inside or up top this time ?
As is, in other words on the inside. Unless you say I should not?

-BB-
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

Kalle wrote:
Paul H wrote:
Kalle wrote:The intakes are going on my 2332 E85/turbo engine later on. I will keep you all updated with regards to the results.

Best rgs
BB
Will you re mount the injectors inside or up top this time ?
As is, in other words on the inside. Unless you say I should not?

-BB-
If you want nicer low speed running then inside mount or high mount is probably better as the injector tip is closer to the inlet tract.
The outside mount has a longer tube so you can loose some spray pattern.
I tested all positions on a 2180cc NA and there was no noticeable change in max horsepower-400hp on E85 I don't think it really matters where you pump the fuel in
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Paul H wrote:
Kalle wrote:
Paul H wrote:
Kalle wrote:The intakes are going on my 2332 E85/turbo engine later on. I will keep you all updated with
If you want nicer low speed running then inside mount or high mount is probably better as the injector tip is closer to the inlet tract.
The outside mount has a longer tube so you can loose some spray pattern.
I tested all positions on a 2180cc NA and there was no noticeable change in max horsepower-400hp on E85 I don't think it really matters where you pump the fuel in
Thank you Paul.

To quote Tor Skinne; there is no need to go for a turbo unless you aim for 600+ :D

-BB-
Paul H

Post by Paul H »

So you aim for 600hp ? :D
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Paul H wrote:So you aim for 600hp ? :D
From 479 with the old set up using a single TB a old Borg Warner turbo to 600 is not that far. But no, I do not aim for anything. I will rebuild the CE heads and in the meantime replace them with a set of CNC ported 044`s in order to use the same intake system as I`m using on my 1641ccm engine. I`m not done racing with the little engine so the big one will be a spare when the little one give up.

Best rgs
BB