l-jet conversion to custom ECU

fusername

l-jet conversion to custom ECU

Post by fusername »

So I plan on going back to l-jet efi on my bus real soon, namely as soon as I buy it. I have an engine built up with a marginally higher CR and soon to have a 9550 cam in it. I am going to run the l-jet, but i have a second spare l-jet computer than i want to gut and put a home made ECU inside of to play with tuning it, maybe even go closed loop eventually. I would keep the FI stock at first, but eventually replace the AFM with a hotwire and some hose to put the intake outside the engine bay for a cheap snorkle setup. (baja bus!)

has anyone ever done this before? Any obvious problems with this design?

with the cheapness of parts, and my hate for vac leaks, I would cap the FPR and have a constant pressure system, but use a pressure transducer to monitor pressure and compensate with the fuel mapping. I would basically have all factory replacement parts up to the TB. eventually I would love to loose the S boot and associate problems with all its connected hoses, seeing as how most of it is NLA.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.