Megajolt Install Question: VRef and TPS Sensor

bladerunner80

Megajolt Install Question: VRef and TPS Sensor

Post by bladerunner80 »

Hi all, first post! I will be starting my megajolt install on my bug this weekend and doing some final reading and installation prep and I have a quick question. Can I use the VRef and Negative pins on the megajolt box to power my TPS sensor for my air/fuel meter? I'm installing a TPS sensor on one of my carbs to use with my Innovate LM-2 and I read the VRef pin on the MJ box provides a 5v power lead which the TPS sensor needs. I'm assuming the TPS sensor drawing power from this pin wouldn't interfere with the MAP sensor operation (I'm using the MPA sensor for ignition)?

Thanks!
miniman82

Re: Megajolt Install Question: VRef and TPS Sensor

Post by miniman82 »

You may run into ground loop issues if the two units are grounded at different places to the chassis, and I question why you would split the map and tps signals between them anyway- makes datalogging a pain. Put both of them on the Megajolt, it's easier that way.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

It appears MJ makes you pick one or the other. One input.
http://www.autosportlabs.net/Choosing_b ... MAP_or_TPS

There is mention of another input for "corrections" that might be loggable.
All your data in one log for analysis (and good analysis software) is almost essential.

(All I know about MLJ is from 30 seconds of Googling and skimming through the docs)

Even having to simply go back to MS2 from MS3 for a few weeks drove me nuts, even the small reduction of (mostly idle related) features was frustrating.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
bladerunner80

Post by bladerunner80 »

Thanks for the information. My plan was to output the AFR data from the LM-2 (via the optional expansion cable) to the aux input on the megajolt box. I'll make sure to ground everything at the same location.