MS II VR conversion...

Volky

MS II VR conversion...

Post by Volky »

I bought my MS II from your one and only DIYautotune assembled.

I want MS II to control an EDIS coilpack with a VR sensor and trigger wheel. I couldn't post photos of my MS wiring but I guess you Guru's will know what is what.

My MS II v.3.0 has a wire from js10(ign) to ign. Correct me if I'm wrong, I understand if I am going to use an EDIS coilpack that jumper will have to go, then do JS10(ign) to igbtin. Also, igbtout to ign.

For tachselect I have:
tachselect to optoin (next to MAP sensor). I have to change to telselect to VRIn? Right.
tsel to optoout (in the middle of the board). I have to change to tsel to VRout? Right.

Also, there's a jumper ig2 to xg1. What about that?

External Ignition Wiring:

Connect the positive wire from the VR sensor on the distributor to pin 24 (Tach on the relay board). See notes at the bottom of this article for the wiring colors on various distributors.
Connect the negative wire from the VR sensor on the distributor to a ground pin, such as pin 2 (or simply the engine ground on the relay board).
Connect the negative terminal of the coil to pin 36 on the Megasquirt (S5 on the relay board).

The only thing missing is the second BIP which I will put externally. I think I'm OK with the BIP's.

Is the above good to go?

Thanks.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Chip Birks

Re: MS II VR conversion...

Post by Chip Birks »

This is what I followed.
http://msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2-Ext ... ion.htm#vr
http://msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2-Ext ... htm#2coils
I had no problems running the second BIP in the box.
Volky

Re: MS II VR conversion...

Post by Volky »

Thanks Chip,

I'll revise those two links and get back. Hopefully I'll do some soldering tonight.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.