Spindle spoke wheels and front tires

Bajas, Rails and Parts
turboblue

Spindle spoke wheels and front tires

Post by turboblue »

Spindle mount 5 spoke front rims and 5:00 x 15 3 rib steer tires.
All in good shape.
With bearings and seals for king pin.
$250 OBO
Pick up only, no shipping.

Gary

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy
2013 Polaris Ranger 4x4
My Website
Shop Facebook Page
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Spindle spoke wheels and front tires

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

My favorite spindle mounts but I am pretty sure they are for K&L only and not convertible to BJ. I think the price is pretty good though.
Jeffro1600

Post by Jeffro1600 »

I know this is a long shot since this was posted 6 years ago, but this is the only pic of the wheels I can find. I bought a dune buggy with these wheels and want to put new bearings in, I’m not sure of which bearings. What kind of wheels are these? The only markings on mine are 15x3.00 N 84. They are steel. Thanks
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

No pic that I see.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Jeffro1600 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm I know this is a long shot since this was posted 6 years ago, but this is the only pic of the wheels I can find. I bought a dune buggy with these wheels and want to put new bearings in, I’m not sure of which bearings. What kind of wheels are these? The only markings on mine are 15x3.00 N 84. They are steel. Thanks
Usually there is a part number (PN) stamped or ink etched on the components. With those numbers you should be able to replace the bearings, the races and the seals. A lot of them used stock VW parts.

The pix shows an old style of spindle mounts which were and are still seen quite often seen but styles change and they are not as commonly see as they were. A new style of rim might be: https://www.dansperformanceparts.com/sa ... -rims.html

Lee
Jeffro1600

Post by Jeffro1600 »

Leatherneck wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:07 pm No pic that I see.
The pic is in the first post.

Ol'fogasaurus
Would they use the same bearing then? I really appreciate it. I pulled one off last night after work, but didn’t scrape all the gree grease off the bearings yet.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Check to see if the bearing numbers exist on the internal parts. Are the spindles aftermarket or are they stock as it could make a difference.

Lee
Jeffro1600

Post by Jeffro1600 »

Not sure if they are stock or not. The outer tapered bearing is CMC 30304, the inner is unreadable. They seem fine, but I still want to start fresh. I did destroy the grease seal for sure. It is 111-404-641A.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

https://www.bing.com/search?q=%20wheel% ... B065922E68

This may be of some help but w/o a number for the inner you might find a store that can help if you bring the bearing in.

The seal the same. The number does exist and that is about it.

Lee
Jeffro1600

Post by Jeffro1600 »

Pulled the other side. Both side’s inner is tough to read. Looks like 30308?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Jeffro1600

Post by Jeffro1600 »

I searched. I just can’t find confirmation. I’m going to try Autozone to see if I can just do a physical comparison.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Those numbers and sources in the URL should give you an idea of availability and cost so, unless you are still not sure of the numbering was complete, then I would agree to check with a local source. Numbering is usually based on a company's registered numbering system; but, if not all the number is fully readable, then it could be a completely different variant of the same style of bearing. Another thing might be that the bearing could be an upgrading of an older style of bearing where they made improvements to the old/orgional design.

Lee