leatherneck cv grease for sale

Bajas, Rails and Parts
bajaherbie

leatherneck cv grease for sale

Post by bajaherbie »

i have a few extra cans that i think i can let go. one pound cans that have never been cracked open. be the first on your block to have a can of official leatherneck grease.....

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
TimS

Re: leatherneck cv grease for sale

Post by TimS »

Very interesting research on those mil specs. Seems like a good grease.

How much are you asking for some?
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
dave t

Post by dave t »

Put me down for a can or 2 what is the price with shipping to Zeeland MI 49464 USA paypal? Thanks Dave T
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Scott, serious? Where did you get that stuff? Anyway how much for one shipped to 86440
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

did you guys see the date? nov. '73

believe it or not but my wife found them in her dads shop and i have had them maybe 10 years. i think she would get mad at me if i sold them. her dad died a long time ago he probably bought them at an auction or something... her sister took over the business and lost it to the bank due to mismanagement....
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

You know what is funny...that stuff looks like half the stuff in my dads shop right now. :lol:

I have been using the same can of anti-size since I was a kid. I finally bought a new can because I couldn't bring myself to use the last litte bit out of his can.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

i've got other stuff for sale.....

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=142384
TimS

Post by TimS »

bajaherbie wrote:i think she would get mad at me if i sold them. .
In that case. In searching for info about this I found Shell 33MS with similar properties. It's not the clay based grease like this one, it has more modern "stickiness" and waterproofing. The only thing about using it for CV's is the temperature limitations Something like 200C or so, no good. It looks like a good grease though, overall. http://www.shell.com/global/products-se ... -33ms.html

It was advertised that of the 495(or so ?) grease fittings on a 747, this will work in all but 7 of them. Good all around grease, $15.50 per tube.

Desert Gold is still my choice for CV's.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
DesertGuy

Post by DesertGuy »

So.... you post a 'for sale' ad for an item that isn't 'for sale'?

Oh Herbie-licious :lol: :lol: :lol:
blg4351

Post by blg4351 »

We use that MolyB in all kinds of stuff here in Army Aviation. Stuff works like a champ on a 30mm cannon. Though the newest stuff is the TW-25 which is way better and dust and dirt wont cling to it.
fusername

Post by fusername »

interesting reads, ben fighting good CV grease seletion here, kinda frustrating how info from mfrs is so scattered and inconsicetant or however you spell that word.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.