08 Desert Dynamics Semi-Roller

Bajas, Rails and Parts

Moderator: Leatherneck

DeMinimis

08 Desert Dynamics Semi-Roller

Post by DeMinimis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 pm

I've thought long and hard about this, but I'm getting yanked in too many directions these days to finish this build anytime soon.

$16,999 FIRM

Semi-Roller (only "semi" because I haven't installed everything)
08 Desert Dynamics 4/5 seat 1.5 4130 chassis (new/never built)
Org trailing arms, orig front DS (tube) arms, and an overly expensive set of overly built narrower heavy duty DS front arms (because I was planning on building this more for the desert and desert trails) included as well.
Setup for Mendi (but only tacked)
Full floor
Some of the rear bracing is only tacked in place so it can be setup for whatever engine, transaxle combo you're going to run

The following items are new:
Tatum 930 midboards w/ 4 piston calipers
CNC 654 Front brakes (11" rotors and 4 piston calipers -still in the boxes w/ Bearings/seals)
(4) Beard Ultra T-1 Seats black/gray (still in the bags)
2" Spindles from Kartek (new style with teardrops)
2.0 10" Fox Coil Carriers and Silver Ebachs (One carefully mocked, the other still in the box)
2.0 10 Fox Dual Bypass (One carefully mocked, the other still in the box)
3.0 Fox Triple Bypass (One carefully mocked, the other still in the box)
2.5 14" Fox Coilovers with Rezies (these actually have approx 100 miles on them) w/ three pairs of silver Ebachs (one pair brand new).
All heims and then some
(2) BFG KM2 33x10.5 tires for the front
(2) BFG KM2 33x12.50 for the rear

The Following items are used
Howe P118 rack (upgradable manual rack (the 2.5 ram and mounting hardware available from Howe to make it into the power rack)) -Lightly used and perfect
15x7 Method Beadlocks black (tires mounted) -Used but perfect and all new grade 8 bolts
CNC brake pedal (dual tall master), CNC Clutch pedal, CNC throttle, These are the tall masters with ez fill caps. Good condition (bought new, used them for a short period, but theyv'e been sitting in boxes for a while now, so might need rebuild kits. Extra reservoir(s) too).
CNC Turning brake (I think I still have this. Never mounted. If I have it, it's included. If not, then it's not)
Full set of black Crow belts/pads. These are used and way out of date for racing, but I've always stored them inside, so they are great for rec use.
A pair of used 2" Kartek spindles -well used (bought these as backups -they need some weld washers/teardrops to make them really reliable)
Loading wheels/tires/spares: One pair of near perfect Centerlines with barely used and highly coveted BFG Mud Terrains (33x9.50). Was going to mount those as spares as pretty light. Always stored inside. Also comes with a pair of beat to hell front Centerlines with beat to hell 7.00x15 tires (good for loading).

I think that's it (isn't that enough?), but I might have forgotten an item or two. Pics from various times.
I WILL NOT PART, so please don't ask. In Oregon. If interested, questions, comments, etc., drop me a PM ONLY please. Again, the price is firm as this is a pretty big hit. I will delete ad when sold. Thanks
Last edited by DeMinimis on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeMinimis

Re: 07/08 Desert Dynamics Semi-Roller

Post by DeMinimis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:59 pm

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:01 pm

And more

CentralWAbaja

Re: 08 Desert Dynamics Semi-Roller

Post by CentralWAbaja » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:13 am

I shall be for sure saddened by this.....Bummer.

Good Luck I guess.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!

DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks man. It's been a week, for what pencils out to essentially a free chassis, and nada, so who knows?

Heck, even my CJ7 went down the road yesterday.
Last edited by DeMinimis on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:41 pm

This might 'splain things out back.

DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am

Custom arms (pics of the lower). All 4130 tig welded. Lowers: 1.75"trailing and leading tubes. Leading tube is entirely inner sleeved. Bungs 2.5-3" long. The ends are outer sleeved with 2". 7/8-14 threaded bungs. Thus, these use FK RSMMX12T heims (approx 55,000# static load) as opposed to the orig smaller heims that come in around 28,000#. Nearly twice the strength of the orig heim setup. So, a pretty damn strong setup. This brings up something I forgot to mention above. If you (or more likely me, eventually, as this hasn't sold) want to use the org wide DS front arms, you will have to drill/re-tap the chassis end bungs on the lower arms for the bigger heims. No big thing, but forgot to mention it above. The orig and custom upper arms use the orig size heims as they don't take the pounding of the lower arms.
Last edited by DeMinimis on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 pm

It sure gives people an idea of what is really involved in just getting as far as you have. I don't think people really understand how much is involved in a proper (even a not so proper) build which is why you see so many starts (no where this far along) for sale.

Very nice work and good choices involved, sorry to see it go as well I am sure you are too!

Lee

DeMinimis

Post by DeMinimis » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks Lee. Those custom arms were a massive time and money suck. Crazy amount of work (fitting, math, cycling over and over, getting clearances right, having enough adjustment to hit the sweet camber/caster numbers, etc.). Everything else should be cake (in comparison). I added up the new parts, and assigned very generous prices to used parts, and came up with a number beyond what I'm even asking (and that price doesn't even include the chassis and orig front and rear arms!). Still no serious shoppers after one week+, so I most likely will get the pleasure of finishing this build....some year. I have a line on a Gen V LT1 with a stand-alone harness/computer. Either this DD sells soon, or I'm going to have to jump on that engine (if not too late).

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Mr. D you are now edging into the area that I am in but hopefully not... a build that seemingly goes on forever :roll: :lol: . At my age it is kind of a good thing as it keeps my mind active trying to figure things out... maybe! :twisted:

Good luck on either way you end up going. I will keep following your build.

Lee