Remote start

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
Booky1

Remote start

Post by Booky1 »

I am building a street rail and being that it has open sides what I would like to do is have no key start just remote start for theft protection can it be done.
ps2375

Re: Remote start

Post by ps2375 »

Anything can be done. How much electronics are you willing to put into/on it? I'd start by searching the internet to see if there are kits available out there.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i47 ... %20Generic

For example.

I understand what you are trying to do but you have to remember to leave a stick car in neutral. I always use the trans as a backup for the e-brake. A DOT required mechanical ebrake is a requirement on the street.
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

I understand your concern it would only be used as I would be setting in the seat not as a motor warm up.I also use it in gear as a backup to the emergency break.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Easy enough to make interlock to force weight in seat (driver) and gearshift into neutral BEFORE starter can be engaged....

Look for any after market key fob remote the can be modded to press once to turn on, press again to turn off... But you still need starter button (different button on remote)... More of a DIY electrical experiment than a automotive accessory....
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

An interesting conversation. With all things being said, with a rail you are also out in the rain and cold (I'm from the PNW and think that way anyway) where things can go wrong with electricity. Also, sitting in the rail and forgetting to pull the fob out to start the car would be embarrassing if someone saw you rummaging through your pockets while sitting in the seat I think :roll:

Hiding the power and starter mechanism from others searching and still being able to be accessed from the driver's seat might be a fun thing to do though. Nah, I'm having too much trouble doing the things I have to do as it is. :lol:

Lee