terminal strips??

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
ecksrash

terminal strips??

Post by ecksrash »

I'm curious to know what you have used with good results. I'll be using the strips for power and for ground in my fuel injection swap. Thanks for any info...
Clonebug

Re: terminal strips??

Post by Clonebug »

I use the Radio Shack Terminal strips that have the #6 screws in them. They are nice and compact yet can handle the wires easily.
I use some standard FLAPS terminal strips for the major wiring but the RS ones have jumpers so you can use one power for many feeds if needed.

The one problem is the local Radio Shack Store closed down so now it is not as easy to get all my little electronic parts.........it was a sad day...... :cry: :cry:

Here are some pics of the terminal strip uses I have done.

Here is my main terminal strip for the primary engine controls like starter, coil power, oil pressure and alternator along with some water injection lights. Also have a dedicated post for main power and main ground with #8 gauge wires for them.

Here is a main relay I added in with a second fuse box. The left one is always powered and the right is activated with the key on via the relay.

My MS-2 wiring.

It just seems to grow every year and I never have a problem with changing and rewiring it if I come up with a better idea.
That's what the winter upgrades are for........ :roll: :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
ecksrash

Post by ecksrash »

Thanks Clonebug. I think my local Radio Shak is still open. I'll have to stop by and see.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I think Rat Shack is putting out a better product than they did at one time. I usually go to a electronic store or a auto store that I know I can trust to get decent parts.

Just for giggles:

Terminal strip using jumper wires. I can't remember if this was all ground or a combination of ground and positive feed. You just have to be careful when doing it.

Terminal strip using a home made buss bar. You should be able to get them at the same place you get the terminal strips.

This is a circuit breaker box using the bussed method. One bussed area is hot and the other area is from a switched source. The CB box came from NAPA many years ago but they have since changed suppliers and the last time I checked it wasn't available. Since this is a buggy the electronics are minimal and they are separated so that if one section goes out you can still get back to camp unless it is a total ignition failure.
Lee

My opinion is worth slightly less than what you paid for it.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I just heard Radio Shack just filed for bankruptcy... again and is closing another bunch of stores.
GS guy

Post by GS guy »

I shelved all my separate terminal strips in favor of a couple of Blue Sea fuse blocks - gets my power distribution, terminal strips and fuses all in one compact package, and it has a cover too.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/catego ... s/ST_Blade

Comes in 4 up to 12 circuit models, with good prices from Amazon.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Interesting but for what I do I don't think they wouldn't last long especially when mounted on the battery. I would need at least two tie-down ribbons due to the constant bouncing around :lol: .

The next time I re-wire I think I will mount most everything in the rear of the buggy (short wire runs) and only run minimal lines forward.