Baja wiring pics

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
Chris V

Baja wiring pics

Post by Chris V »

Some progress pictures of my current baja wiring...I'm using the factory fuse panel and also a sub panel to handle quite a bit of the load...more to come...

(The box in the middle is a distribution center which will eventually feed the sub panel, an audio amplifier, and feed into a portion of the stock fuse panel)
(Headlight relays, accessory relay, warning relay)
Last edited by Chris V on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

It has been handy as heck to be able to work the relays and switches through the original stereo hole :!:
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Great work.. only notation for some planning would be there are 90 degree spade terminals to keep wires from curving 180 degrees from gravity.

How are you going to secure it all?
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

Secure the wiring? I'll be putting a false floor/amp rack over top of the dist. center which should give the wires adequate protection...I may use some 1-hole or perhaps even 2-hole straps though.

I like flowing wires for the extra length they afford when something changes or fails...90* fittings may sometimes look classy, but I prefer to use them only when length has already become a problem.

If I were going for clean and unforgiving I would have gone with relay bases...maybe even reusing a stock late model bus fuse panel.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

That's a neat stereo mount.. did you fab it or buy it.

Sincere thanks... you're added to the hall of fame.
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

I made the glovebox hold-down out of some scrap electrical gutter...and some foam used in the refrigeration industry. Can you say FREEBIE? :lol:
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

totally digging it...

I'm working on what will be a show car.. I may snatch your idea.

We'll be running the MP3 into the ash tray.
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

I plan on running the aftermarket cup holders in the ashtray...which means I've got to pull the relays out, slide cupholder in and shoot the relay screws into it...should be secure :shock:

I ran all the 4 gauge and made up my distribution center, sub panel, and battery terminals Saturday, but I've beeen feeling like crap the past couple days...more pics to come...maybe a couple more hours dedicated to the stereo and she'll be done for a little while.
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Updated the hall of fame... thanks.
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

2088's thread has me remembering to link more photos...and I just wired a friend's racecar...

Chris V

Post by Chris V »

8-AN fuel line resides in a 3/4" EMT I bent at Lowe's since I didn't have a bender at home- cashier gave me a funny look :lol:

Main 1/0 in a piece of 1/2" EMT I bent over a 13" steel wheel, :lol:

The mini-stock is a bit cleaner now - some of that was temporary - stupid 12 conducter 16 AWG aluminum cord came with the car...

I made the dash too :)
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Nice Dash