scratch build exhaust info?

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
Camper Dave

scratch build exhaust info?

Post by Camper Dave »

hey guys,

was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some info on the design and build of exhaust systems? namely books or websites. i've had a look and just can't seem to find anything. although i'm not on a mission to destroy the planet, emissions aren't an issue for this age of vehicle on this side of the pond (UK), and the only book i've found so far is pretty much full of US emissions regulations and not a great deal of technical gumph. it's " The Scientific Design of Exhaust and Intake Systems" by phillip j. smith.

i know exhausts are readily available but i'm after making a one off stainless system for my brothers bug and once i get an idea in my head, it's hard to get rid of it :lol: the main issue is the design of the silencer, although i'm prob going to go for an absorbion setup as it seems simplest and, i belive, should produce less restriction on the system. it's not going to be a massive motor in this case, but i like to learn what i can for future projects too.

any help hugely appreciated guys.

cheers,
dave :)