Ok ... lets get this started

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
fortyeye

Ok ... lets get this started

Post by fortyeye »

Might as well let everyone know where you are and what you're running. Also ... any links to sanctioning bodies, rules, classes ... maybe some favorite dirving instuctions, suspension set-ups, tires ... etc. Let's go ... step up! :idea:
gcorrado

Post by gcorrado »

gcorrado

Post by gcorrado »

gcorrado

Post by gcorrado »

gcorrado

Post by gcorrado »

gcorrado

Post by gcorrado »

here are some books i'd recommend when you're getting started:

1) SCCA National Solo Rules
available only from SCCA, and a must have. you should not prep a car and try to find a class. find a class, THEN prep your car.

2) Secrets of Solo Racing by Henry A. Watts
i good intro on how to drive autocross. no race experience needed.

3) How to Modify Volkswagen Beelte Suspension, Brakes, and Chassis for High Performance by James Hale
this is an overview suspension prep handbook targeted toward STANDARD beetles. good place to start.

4) How to Make Your Car Handle by Fred Phun
gives a general and solid treatment of how suspension and chassis tuning works for you or against you on the track. you will learn a lot.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

SWEET! About time we got this forum!!!
homer

Post by homer »

Thanks for this forum, doc!

The Atlanta SCCA region (and a lot of other regions) lists it's autocross events on...

http://www.myautoevents.com

Note the next Atlanta Solo 2 event is Aug. 1 on the motorcycle road course at Talledega Grand Prix, Anniston, AL.

Also the full schedule for the Atlanta Solo 2 season is at...

http://www.apexbenefits.biz/ABS-Mtrsports.htm

We just had event 5 Sunday, and there are 7 more events in our season on through December.

Also check Evolution, the best autocross/solo driver's school at...

http://autocross.com/evolution/

Trying to get my Ghia DMod car ready for the event at Talledega... 1915, gutted, Goodyear slicks on 13" wheels, Whiteline bars, Konis.

Jeff
"You can't turn a pig into a racehorse, but you can make a really fast pig."
rsrnate

Post by rsrnate »

i am glad we got a roadrace forum , i am located in socal and i auto-x with scca cal club. There web site is solo2.com it would be nice to see some other aircooled cars out there running with me. i also road race with porche owners club at willow springs, they are mostly very friendly with a few exceptions. Any one who is in socal or is interested in either just let me know. :D

Post by Guest »

Hey, glad to see a racing forum for people who like to use the steering wheel as well as the gas pedal!

I'm in the Chattanooga Region SCCA, running a Zink Z-12 Formula Vee in the SARRC road racing series (South Atlantic Road Racing Championship) Used to do Solo 2, also.
NO_H2O

Post by NO_H2O »

Just found this forum. Now this is what I'm talking about.