Time to get some new tires!

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
asteff1

Time to get some new tires!

Post by asteff1 »

Hey guys! I just got myself a cheap, used 2002 VW Beetle, it was all I could afford.
As you can probably imagine, there's a lot of work to do to this car to make it "ready for the road" again, as it hasn't been used in a while. One of the first things I want is to get some new tires, as these ones are really, really old and I clearly can't go back on the road with them. I want some year round, all season tires which can last me at least a year, if that's possible. A friend of mine guided me to http://www.holmestire.com, but I don't find it very useful. I'd appreciate any helpful answer. Thanks!
asteff1

Re: Time to get some new tires!

Post by asteff1 »

Anyone? I'd love to hear some opinions on this. Thank you.
dustrat

Re: Time to get some new tires!

Post by dustrat »

As some one who has driven in Romania quite a lot,I am well aware of the road condidtions and the different weather conditions in summer and winter, very hot in summer and cold and snow in winter. There are a number of premium tyres on the market which can be expensive but also tyres manufactured in Romania. Before I retired I had a small international transport bussiness and my trucks would regulary bring budget tyres back to UK. These tyres had to confirm with all EU regulations and I would think about these before you go spending a lot of money on premium tyres. Look around and see what other people in your area are fitting. You dont say if you live in flat or mountainous region,big difference !!
Robert