Late 1303 control arms modification for Porsche ball joints

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
TZepeSH

Late 1303 control arms modification for Porsche ball joints

Post by TZepeSH »

I have 944 brakes installed, and it is a pain to obtain ball joints for the conversion. The current ones are from Kerscher, but already have some wear and I need to change them.
So I have this crazy idea: I have late control arms, so I want to cut the ball joint holder for pressed ball joint and weld support for original Porsche ball joints which are easily available. I did not find anybody who did this modification, everybody relies on those custom made ball joints. I will come up with pictures on how I want to do the modification.
I would also add one more central point of fixation, like an Y control arm. I want to weld a piece of steel goint to a Heim joint to chassis. Something like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TZepeSH

Re: Late 1303 control arms modification for Porsche ball joints

Post by TZepeSH »

Here it is the chassis mount. I would rather have it to the back of the frame head, not to the front.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.