GERMAN FTE/FAG BRAKE LIGHT SWITCHES for sale on eBay&samba

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
Jim Ed

GERMAN FTE/FAG BRAKE LIGHT SWITCHES for sale on eBay&samba

Post by Jim Ed »

VW BUG BUS GHIA TYPE 3 THREE PRONG FTE GERMAN FAG BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH 2 or 3 prongs for sale on eBay and thesamba.com for $20.00 US each.
I just bought 2 for my 1973 Beetle.
I hope that last. I have been changing my Euro Max made in China brake light switches every 3 years because they would fail not much longer than 3 years.
Does anyone know how long a FTE or FAG brake light switch lasts?
TIA!
buildabiggerboxer

Re: GERMAN FTE/FAG BRAKE LIGHT SWITCHES for sale on eBay&sa

Post by buildabiggerboxer »

Nice find, they last indefinitely on a well serviced bus were the b/f has been changed on schedule, some I replaced recently were 40 years old, I seem to be replacing more these days due to folk here laying up their busses more for the winter more than in the past, they then seize and the vehicle fails it's annual tech certificate, we can still get German 3 prong, but the early 2 prong are crap copy cats as you know.
Jim Ed

Post by Jim Ed »

I received them the other day.
"It does not say FAG or FTE on the brake light switch package or on the switches. It says PEX 3.20.123 and 113945515G and VAG on each little package that each switch came in.
The seller told me that these are sent to them in bulk but, they are 'FAG' brake light switches.

At aircooled.net they recommend using Loctite on the threads so, that they will not leak.
I am thinking of using purple, low strength, Loctite.
Jim Ed wrote:VW BUG BUS GHIA TYPE 3 THREE PRONG FTE GERMAN FAG BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH 2 or 3 prongs for sale on eBay and thesamba.com for $20.00 US each.
I just bought 2 for my 1973 Beetle.
I hope that last. I have been changing my Euro Max made in China brake light switches every 3 years because they would fail not much longer than 3 years.
Does anyone know how long a FTE or FAG brake light switch lasts?
TIA!
modernbeat

Post by modernbeat »

PEX-Germany is a Florida based import business selling inexpensive replacement parts for German cars. Searching import records under their name show the majority of their parts come from China. I will be demanding a refund based on the fraudulent description.
Jason McDaniel
buildabiggerboxer

Post by buildabiggerboxer »

As above, they are dubious for sure and the advertising is misleading you,
the package is only showing the Oem number they replace, as to loctite, I recommend no loctite, there is no need of it and it can isolate the switch from the vehicle ground, I'm surprised how loctite miss use recommendation is on the rise from folk that should know better, I've NEVER seen a leak from a stop light switch, it's also gaining favour for oil system unions, more B/S, if these ever leak, they should be binned, I've fitted many hundreds of both s/l switches and oil unions, all leak free and no needless sealant.
modernbeat

Post by modernbeat »

The seller is ISP-West. They are giving me the runaround about accepting these parts back.
Jason McDaniel
Jim Ed

Post by Jim Ed »

modernbeat wrote:PEX-Germany is a Florida based import business selling inexpensive replacement parts for German cars. Searching import records under their name show the majority of their parts come from China. I will be demanding a refund based on the fraudulent description.
I e-mailed that company about Chinese parts. they replied:

Thank you for your email inquiry. Regarding your question, “Are some of your parts made in China?” the answer is yes. PEX is an OE manufacturer of electronic brake wear sensors and in addition we distribute other products including some Air Cooled products, which we globally source from China, Europe, India, and etc. That said, no matter the country of origin, all of our products must adhere to stringent quality standards and are warranted for 1 year. That said, we do not sell directly to ISP-West and have no control of how our products are represented by them. If you or any of your forum community have received PEX product that appear to be misappropriated, please let me know as it is not our intention to do so nor have any other party do so. Again, I greatly appreciate your question, if I can answer anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Chad Foote
Sales Manager
PEX German O.E. Parts LLC I 200 Hart Street Niceville FL 32578 I T 850.729.0537 I F 850.729.0538 I www.pexna.com
Jim Ed

Post by Jim Ed »

modernbeat wrote:PEX-Germany is a Florida based import business selling inexpensive replacement parts for German cars. Searching import records under their name show the majority of their parts come from China. I will be demanding a refund based on the fraudulent description.
After reading this, I ordered 2 Brake Light Switch, 3 Prong 113-945-515G-OEM from aircooled.net.