To quaife or not to quaife? This is the question.

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
Fiatdude

Re: To quaife or not to quaife? This is the question.

Post by Fiatdude »

OOPs your right -- silly me -- I've got that chit in my brain and I can't get it out -- --- erase erase erase
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Our shop (Wagon Works Boise) has installed around 12 of the Peloquin ATBs over the last decade. Zero complaints from customers, all are very happy. These were all 2 wheel drive vanagon campers which can get stuck on a ripe banana peal on flat ground. They really help. I WANT two of them for my vanagon syncro and another one for the 091 in my baja bug ($$$).
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

H2OSB wrote:
Jadewombat wrote:Not sure if you guys saw this. Peloquin TBD T1 or T2 on the market now for $1300.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1766836
UGH! This kind of thing makes it's so difficult to decide. I want, either, a Rhino case with a TBD like this Peloquin or a Subaru box with the reverse R&P for my car.

If I go with the Rhino I'll need a adapter plate and, at least, a good superdiff. With the Subaru gearbox, the reverse R&P is about $1500, but no adapter needed (BTW, I'm installing an EJ22) I can use a stock WRX clutch and I do get a 5th gear. Hmmm.

johnL (aka H2OSB)
http://www.superbeetlesonly.com
You can find those with a factory TBD as well.
I suspect the Suby trans will be stronger and better geared for the Subaru motor.

Once you start putting custom gearing in an 091 it creeps up to as much as a Spendeola.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.