Front to rear brake bias, 4 whl discs

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
wreck

Re: Front to rear brake bias, 4 whl discs

Post by wreck »

sorry to dig up an old thread , I'm looking to increase the braking on my Ghia , it's already got standard Varga 2 pin front callipers and "empi" type rear discs . Running 2 11/16" girling/willwood type master cylinders with a bias bar . It stops well , also using 195/50r16s front at 205/50r16s rear but I don't like the hard pedal effort .
I was wondering if the 4 pot BMW 2002 callipers will be able to fitted to standard front spindles with an adaptor plate , Pile would you have any insight if this is possible as you've got them on a Type 3 ?
cheers Derek
No matter where you go , there you are !
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

late type 3 had matching bolt spread/offset.
If you can weld you can add some meat for the second bolt, and use one existing hole to keep things aligned etc.
Thats ~ what i did when I converted to wilwood superlites, I cut out a chunk with the second hole and moved it as needed, welded it in place while located by the caliper (solidly tacked, anyway, then filled in).
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
wreck

Post by wreck »

Thanks Pile , I might look at wilwood dust boot dynapros , I wonder if the centre part of the caliper (looks silver in the pictures) can be milled down to suit narrower discs . Non dust boot callipers are illegal for road use in Australia . I might email Wilwood and get there opinion .
No matter where you go , there you are !
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

That silver section is just a spacer anyway, you can run without it if required.