IRS camber ajusters have arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
UK66Bug

Post by UK66Bug »

To get rid of the negative camber on a lowered irs you simply swap the arms from left to right and reweld the shock absorber mount.The arms are built in with 2 deg negative camber which is roughly what you gain when you lower the rear 1 outer spline.i think your idea is good but you will have to re adjust the toe back to zero as the eccentric will adjust this also.Good luck with your product .
vwdmc16

Post by vwdmc16 »

yeah but these would make that adjustable.

how much and where can i get a pair?
Wally

Post by Wally »

UK66Bug wrote:The arms are built in with 2 deg negative camber which is roughly what you gain when you lower the rear 1 outer spline.
I have the impression that porsches alu arms have less negative camber built in.
My car looks to have much less neg camber with the alu arms than with the steel ones with about the same lowering :?:
If somebody could confirm this, that would be interesting to know for sure?
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
walt973

Rear camber adjuster

Post by walt973 »

I have a 72 vw with a Domus flatback kit, 2276 engine, (fun truck)
Really need a set of adjusters. Have emailed [email protected], but have received no reply.
Anyone have a suggestion how to purchase a pair of these?
Morten(Norway)

Yo

Post by Morten(Norway) »

Hi Marco

Do you still make these?
I would like to buy a set from you if you are.
If not, maybe I could buy/borrow your manufacturing drawings and make them myself?

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Either here, by PM or to callook(a)gmail.com

Best regards
Morten
Sersj

Re: Yo

Post by Sersj »

Morten(Norway) wrote:Hi Marco

Do you still make these?
I would like to buy a set from you if you are.
If not, maybe I could buy/borrow your manufacturing drawings and make them myself?

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Either here, by PM or to callook(a)gmail.com

Best regards
Morten
Yes, he still makes them, I think his emailadress hasn't changed. He's also on the callook lounge forum.
Morten(Norway)

Post by Morten(Norway) »

Thanks Sersj.

I've PM'ed him over at the lounge too + an email so hopefully he will get back to me.

Regards
Morten
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

You should take a look at what the 411 and 412 use for toe-in adjustment on the rear suspension. They use a horizontally slotted bracket with an eccentric bolt driving off of a spot welded wedge. The same could be done for camber...and appears to be similar to what you have done.
Camber could be an standard eccenter bolt driving off a wedge in a vertical slot in the bracket. Ray
vw_speedsterke

Re: IRS camber ajusters have arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by vw_speedsterke »

it's a old post, but where can i buy it?