Exploded Transmission Views

Discuss VW transaxles and transmissions. Gearheads wanted!
panel

Exploded Transmission Views

Post by panel »

Can someone post some pics here for me? I'm looking for the exploded view of a swing axle trans where the axle goes into the trans. Just those smaller parts. Circlip etc.

And also if someone has the other end view. The bearing and spacer seal etc.

I just want to make sure everything is in order when putting stuff back together.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
david58

Post by david58 »

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
david58

Post by david58 »

IRS Type1

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
david58

Post by david58 »

david58

Post by david58 »

david58

Post by david58 »

This is a Type 2
david58

Post by david58 »

david58

Post by david58 »

david58

Post by david58 »

david58

Post by david58 »

That is a great link. :shock:
david58

Post by david58 »

david58

Re: Exploded Transmission Views

Post by david58 »

turboblue wrote:The part number I referenced was for the bushing and seal kit.
My bad.......... 8)

Stray Catalyst

Post by Stray Catalyst »

I broke the clutch cable tube support arm off the driver's side plate on my 1965 type 2 SA trans. I'm trying to remove that side plate from my 1964, that just came out of the bus. I've removed the boot, the 6 nuts holding the smaller plate in the center, and the 10 or so nuts holding on the side plate itself. The plate slides out to about 10mm from the housing, then stops. I don't want to just whale on it with a rubber mallet - too much force is what got me into this predicament in the first place. How do I remove that plate? I don't have the Bentley manual for it or I'd have already had this finished, probably.

Stray
turboblue

Post by turboblue »

Stray Catalyst wrote:I broke the clutch cable tube support arm off the driver's side plate on my 1965 type 2 SA trans. I'm trying to remove that side plate from my 1964, that just came out of the bus. I've removed the boot, the 6 nuts holding the smaller plate in the center, and the 10 or so nuts holding on the side plate itself. The plate slides out to about 10mm from the housing, then stops. I don't want to just whale on it with a rubber mallet - too much force is what got me into this predicament in the first place. How do I remove that plate? I don't have the Bentley manual for it or I'd have already had this finished, probably.

Stray

Might be easier to buy the aftermarket bracket that will bolt in it's place.

Bottom of page
Sedan Bracket
Gary

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy
2013 Polaris Ranger 4x4
My Website
Shop Facebook Page
Henryhoehandle

Post by Henryhoehandle »

One from a later trans (one that bolts on) will work too..