Rain Hats for Carbs

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
david58

Rain Hats for Carbs

Post by david58 »

I have cone shaped air filters that I would like to make clear rain hats for any suggestions?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Steve Arndt

Re: Rain Hats for Carbs

Post by Steve Arndt »

Heat drap some plexi over a buck/mold.
david58

Post by david58 »

Can you explain the terms you are using?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Google can do that for you.

heat draping plastic:

http://plastics.inwiki.org/Drape_forming
david58

Post by david58 »

Thanks Steve

This will work cool. :D
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

How did it turn out David?
david58

Post by david58 »

It is on the back burner for now but I will build one. Trying to get the Kadron carb and intake built first. I am running sooooooooooooooo rich I have to change plus every 100 miles or so. Today idling in traffic the plugs fouled I put in this morning. So I have a bigger problem than I thought with this bistard carb.............. no jets available the head on the jets are smaller than the threads on the jets. And yes I tried filing the head off slowly with a file. I need a lathe to cut them down. On the other hand a Kad should be real jet-able in comparison. But I had fun and that is all that matters to me. Making a intake with 2 flanges for a V style 2 cylinder engine is a real challenge you have 4 angles to get right or it will leak. Call me sometime.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Talk to Jeff, he might be able to help. [email protected]
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

For Webers, bread baking pans work well, I used Bakers Secret loaf pans for ages.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
david58

Post by david58 »

Leatherneck wrote:Talk to Jeff, he might be able to help. [email protected]
He only does VW's, but he is Kool.