Fast Orange pump

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Fast Orange pump

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I had forgotten about the soap on the lawn to get rid of Crane Fly and other nasies bit. I think beer was used for something too. I wish I hadn't lost a lot of that stuff I had saved when my laptop's hard drive suddenly went TU.

Phosphorous was one of many nasites but was a good cleaning agent for the time. By the way the guy talked like Tide was still better than anything else they have which makes we wonder if they can still get the "good stuff" :roll: :twisted: .

Lee
SCOTTRODS

Post by SCOTTRODS »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:I had forgotten about the soap on the lawn to get rid of Crane Fly and other nasies bit. I think beer was used for something too. I wish I hadn't lost a lot of that stuff I had saved when my laptop's hard drive suddenly went TU.

Phosphorous was one of many nasites but was a good cleaning agent for the time. By the way the guy talked like Tide was still better than anything else they have which makes we wonder if they can still get the "good stuff" :roll: :twisted: .

Lee
Yes.... Phos kills Grub worms too. Used to have a really nice lawn.... sadly, the heatwave of 2011 has done away with anything that even resembled a lawn around here. Lakes have not gotten back up to normal yet in almost 2 years now... on permanent watering restrictions I think... Maybe the rain will take care of us for this year and all I will have to do is kill weeds.

I did hear the guy on the Daytona race saying that it was better than anything else they had, for getting rid of the greasy stuff from the track. Go TIDE!.... now if they could get it to kill grub worms again.... :cry:
I have found them completely missing more than once. - PILEDRIVER

Some pics of My Powder Coating work
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/
My Facebook Page for Powder Coating
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I wish we could give you some of the water we are getting. Even the worms are coming to the top of the grass and doing the back stroke to get to the sidewalk or road. We are at the point where the ground is so fully saturated with water that ground just can’t drain off anymore; that water just sits in ever expanding puddles (I live in what is called the “convergence zone” which means… it gets really wet here. I think CWB must be probably 6 to 8 feet deep in snow from the last couple of days).

Wind last night with sustained gusts of 40 to 60mph, fence down from storm two weeks ago but I can’t get to it to dig out the concrete that held the post because the lawn is so wet plus I couldn’t pour cement for the new post. Even the fence posts that are set into cement are floating up to the surface (if you think I am kidding, I am not). I think the Charmin bear has skipped the paper bit and points his fanny skywards for a sits bath albeit a cold one!

Anyway, back to Bruce’s original question. Ya need to stir the container on a regular basis as the chemicals and additives will separate if this is not done; it was the same with other hand products I have used in the past. My best friends daughter is a chemist and worked for one of the companies that made some of these products and that was her point too. If something (or someone) sits too long in one place doing nothing they loose ambition and separate themselve from the job they have to do... and that is a fact! :wink:

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Just after I wrote this a story came up on the web about the "Grime Wave". It is about laundry detergent, Tide in particular being sotolen from stores and traded for drugs. You need to read the story itself but I guess Tide is not just for Racing! :shock: :roll: :twisted:

Lee
Bruce2

Post by Bruce2 »

Guys! This topic is about cleaning out the Fast Orange pump!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I think the consensus it the grit wears it out about halfway through.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:
Anyway, back to Bruce’s original question. Ya need to stir the container on a regular basis as the chemicals and additives will separate if this is not done; it was the same with other hand products I have used in the past. My best friends daughter is a chemist and worked for one of the companies that made some of these products and that was her point too. If something (or someone) sits too long in one place doing nothing they loose ambition and separate themselve from the job they have to do... and that is a fact! :wink:

Lee
I self corrected a post before. Sorry Bruce, keep a sturring the pot... so to speak
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Bruce, I forgot to add to "Ya need to stir the container on a regular basis as the chemicals and additives will separate if this is not done" and the words and the heavier particles will settle to the bottom of the container which I considered obvious but now I think should be said.

Sorry about the hi-jack... "I was gone for a while but now I am back" (quote: Johnathan Winters).

Lee
SCOTTRODS

Post by SCOTTRODS »

Yeah.... Sorry about the off shoot..... But really. What kind of genius do we need to be over the Fast Orange Pump in the first place? Really?

Agreed though.... Shake it once in while, or maybe buy a smaller jug of it so you use it up before it starts giving trouble.

Bruce2

Post by Bruce2 »

SCOTTRODS wrote:... But really. What kind of genius do we need to be over the Fast Orange Pump in the first place? Really?
So you've been successful in reviving a Fast Orange pump that stopped working?
Daniel G

Post by Daniel G »

I big the bullet and had a ceramic one machined so it wouldn't wear down...I probably would have come out ahead to hire someone to touch the greasy parts and clean everything before I touched it though..Getting ceramic machined was VERY expensive.

Okay all that was just a lie..I personally just use Goop hand cleaner or gojo in squeeze bottles usually :lol:
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

This thread simply won't die.

Unlike a Fast Orange pump. :lol:
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
SCOTTRODS

Post by SCOTTRODS »

Bruce2 wrote:
SCOTTRODS wrote:... But really. What kind of genius do we need to be over the Fast Orange Pump in the first place? Really?
So you've been successful in reviving a Fast Orange pump that stopped working?
I've never had one "die" as such. I re-purpose them where I work, to pump old gear oil out of Blower cases (after I clean them up thoroughly). They never die for me, but I break them physically sometimes..... Been through a bunch that I've damaged by stepping on them or by breaking the top parts off while in a cramped space working.... but the pumping action on them was never the reason they died. They actually do make good suction pumps for removing something similar to rear end grease.

My last boss broke the last jug he bought for the shop in august last year.... he knocked it into the floor.... I just used one of the old ones that I had been using as a grease suction pump to finish off that jug.... we go through the orange stuff pretty quick. That could be why they never die on us before we're done with a jug.

hallec

Post by hallec »

Gallon jugs have a standard thread size, so you can get a replacement pump for your Fast Orange jug. Search Amazon for "gallon pump". The half gallon Fast Orange are also the same thread size.