Type 121, Type 122

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
Pepo

Type 121, Type 122

Post by Pepo »

Hi Steve et al. Many thanks for the photo. It has answered some questions already. I still would appreciate to know what the output of the generator head is and at what revolutions the engine can run for an extended period of time on those gen sets. I tried to download the photo but it is protected so I will have to contact the administrator for permission. Your usage of the word "splitty" is new to me, could you explain please. Here, I am doing this project because it keeps this retiree occupied. During some winters we have ice storms and then the power lines that run above ground become too heavy, break and have to be repaired. This can take time and as our house is all electric we are vulnerable to broken pipes, spoiled food and no communications. Our power lines in this part of Kentucky are above ground as we have heavy limestone about a meter below ground and that would become too expensive. Once again thank you. Of course, I welcome any further information on this subject at any time.
Pepo

Type 121, Type 122

Post by Pepo »

Many thanks Steve for your photo and message. This is the third attempt to thank you but for some reason I am being disconnected from the line when sending messages. Please give me the performance of the generator on the photo and the rpms of the engine while generating.
Thanks again and now I will try to send it......
les33

Re: Type 121, Type 122

Post by les33 »

I live in Greenville S C and have one of these engines that is powering a generator and two A.C. pumps as well. It has so little run time on it that it still has the original plug wires on it. I was told by the owner that it had been in a tour bus and was used for power and ac for passenger comfort when the bus was not being driven. I bought it to put the motor in my 66 beetle. Can I do that and should I do it???