Jake, would you please comment?

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Paul Illick

Post by Paul Illick »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:First of all, don't try to slap a lawsuite on me if you toast your engine!
Just as a heads-up, if you give someone direct advice, tell them how to do it, they might have a slim chance of winning a lawsuit. And you tend to do that, by the way, saying that the way you do it is the ONLY way to do it right. But if you're simply recounting the results of your own past experience, or sharing methods you've developed as a professional, things that work "better than" (relative and not absolute) other methods you've tried, there shouldn't be anything anyone could sue you for. I'm sure your lawyer's explained the boiler plate disclaimer, "this may not work for you". Might not be a bad idea to use that in your sig.

The unfortunate thing is that even if there is no basis for a lawsuit it STILL costs you money, just to get to the point where the Judge explains that to the guy and tells him to go home and get over it.
jeck

Post by jeck »

Sleeve-locker, is that Loctite 518 or 565?
I'd imagine you just use a few drops and try to kepp it from coming out the sides. Am I right?
"Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success."

-Oscar Wilde