First released pics of the TIV roller cam/lifters!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Twystd1

Post by Twystd1 »

So I guess it's a hydro you shimmed up to make it into a mechanical lifter???

I tried that on the .842 Rollers from Shubeck when they sent me a hydrauilic Roller X set for a Harley Twin Cam. Instead of Solids. I think it was one of their first sets.

Sucker is still running........ Fast.......

Clayton
Wally

Re: First released pics of the TIV roller cam/lifters!

Post by Wally »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote: The lifters weigh in at 53 Gr, thats 30 grams less than our ceramics, 55 Grams less than our conventional performance lifters and damn near 100 grams lighter than a stock TIV lifter!!!
This is an extremely nice high end development and a first in this form as far as I know. Congrats on a job well done!
The specified weight of 53 gram is incredible. Very well designed!!

The lifterweights you mention however for those known components seem a bit off (?)
My bushed ceramic type 1 lifters weigh in at 51,5 gram. Type 4 ceramics are about 65 gram I read from Charles somewhere (?). Your type 4 ceramics should weigh 83 gram (30 more than 53), which I find hard to believe.
My old stock set of type 4 lifters weigh in at about 98 gram, so they can't be really 100 gram lighter than 53 gram lifters :?

I understand that you are enthousiastic about the roller lifters, but don't overdo it haha!

Best regards,
Walter
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

looking good, like those a lot better than the Knuff's I bought . Have some decisions to make this winter when I go to finish this thing!
Tom Notch

Post by Tom Notch »

well, just one step at a time. IF somebody wants one, it could be made.

after all, there wasn't one for a T4..........
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Yep, they would fit a wasser, but I doubt you'd find a TI roller cam that would support a .510 wide roller...
Tom

Tom's Old VW Home
DVKK
DSD, dark side disciples