Farewell STF.........

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Air_Cooled_Nut

Post by Air_Cooled_Nut »

Too bad but I can understand. Even though us 914ers are cheap bastards it'd still be nice to have your input over there (914club) like you'd be doing here. Hell, the T4 is OUR engine :D

Looking over the forums here at the STF, my opinion would be to keep the number of forums limited! A balance needs to be struck where you don't have too many nor too less e.g. just one forum for fuel injection is better than individual forums for D-Jet, L-Jet, K-Jet, etc.

Watch the overlap between what you offer vs. STF. If you both have a FI (fuel injection) forum where would one go? For example here at STF, if a newbie with a stock 914 has a FI problem which forum do they hit, the Porsche 914 or Type 4rum or Fuel Injection? With normal shop activites, along with forum responses, it'd be better for you as well as others (like when doing a search) if you could consolidate your responses.

Speaking of searching, spend the extra time/effort/money to get a good, flexible search engine if you really expect people to use it so as to save you time in answering repeat questions. Keeping threads 'on topic' and removing such posts greatly helps to keep the signal-to-noise ratio at an optimum and threads more concise. For example, the gun hobby should be removed and placed into it's own thread.

Just my $0.02 as a long-time forum user. Good luck with your endevor!
'72 VW Squareback w/Berg 5-speed and ragtop
'76 VW Riviera Bus
'95 VW Jetta, Peloquin'd, CHE tranny, nicely modded
'81 Honda Goldwing, naked
'06 Ducati Sport Classic 1000 (monoposto)
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Lets just say "I have it all under control"... It'll be exactly the way I want it to be..

As far as "Gun topics" go..... Well if something gets off topic but still provides info or entertainment I have no problem with that... I have 4X as many guns as I do VWs..
Can Drive Soon

Post by Can Drive Soon »

Gun thread to be continued at forums.aircooledtechnology.com. :twisted:
Tony Z

Post by Tony Z »

This place is going to miss you Jake.... 22000 posts and counting...
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Yep.. 22K is quickly approaching..

I hope to have 22K on my new forums in 1/2 the time it took here, thats how much info I'll be posting!
Tony Z

Post by Tony Z »

I think you may need to hire a secretary :lol:
Parts

Post by Parts »

He did. :twisted:
MASSIVE TYPE IV

LOL, get back to work Damn it!

Looks like this forum will be closing sooner than I anticipated..... Too much to do!

Details later.