DTM with Power Pulley

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
BajaT4

DTM with Power Pulley

Post by BajaT4 »

Jake,

Have you done any testing with the DTM using a power pulley? I've read some articles that say there isn't much loss to cooling efficiency and others that say there isn't much of a HP gain. My goal is actually neither. I just want my fan to turn at a different RPM to get rid of the the annoying harmonic I've had for the longest time. I don't remember if it was there from the start, but I have traced it back to the fan.

I went to the extent of using silicone inside the shroud to try to smooth out the rough transitions between the air deflectors and shroud. I also changed the fan position back to the factory 2mm specs. I just find it hard to believe that I have 2 bad fans that both create a noise that I have never heard on any of the Type 1 based vehicles I have owned. Help!

thanks
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yes.
You can expect a 15% loss of cooling on the head temps and 20% on the oil with about a 5HP power gain for an engine operating under 6K RPM- higher revvers see more benefit.