Plug for throttle cable tube on DTM shroud

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
powerwgn

Plug for throttle cable tube on DTM shroud

Post by powerwgn »

Jake,
At the time I purchased my DTM system from you (delivered 3/2006) I also purchased the new bell crank system(15012). The shroud came with the throttle cable tube mounted way high in the shroud. It did not work with the your bell crank system. We had to re-drill a hole lower down the shroud. Do you have plastic plugs to put in the old holes?
If not what would you suggest?
What would you suggest to seal in and hold the new cable tube? It is flared on one end but the other end is not held effectively.

Can you use black silcon caulk around the joints?

Thank,

Mike
Powerwgn
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Mike,
This is the only issue with the bellcrank linkage.

I do not have a plug for the old throttle cable location specifically, but most hardware stores have small plugs that will work well with only some slight reshaping of the hole in the shroud.

A lot of guys just go ahead and fill the hole with body filler and shot a coat of paint on the shroud and that is by far the cleanest method of getting the look you are attaining..
Class 11 streeter

Re: Plug for throttle cable tube on DTM shroud

Post by Class 11 streeter »

powerwgn wrote:What would you suggest to seal in and hold the new cable tube? It is flared on one end but the other end is not held effectively.
A trick I have seen and used is to put a rubber grommet and a hose clamp on the tube to hold the non-flared end against the shroud. When placed on the backside of the shroud you won't see it.
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yep- I overlooked that in my reply- thanks Monte!
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

All the "name" auto parts stores where I am have a rack of little gizmos that hold door panels and trim and stuff like that. In that mix, I think you'll find hole fillers in various diameters. They're usually black, but maybe you can find other colors.

Or try the nut and bolt sections of Home Depot or Lowe's or the like. The row where they have all the nice pull out cabinets. There you're likely to find some little plugs of some kind.

Every car in any junkyard will have plugs for the taking, if you have one near you. Good luck.

doc