The NEW LE 220 Turbo Head!!! Pics within!!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

He is an integral part in the H.A.M./R.A.T. F-Prod 914 currently under construction for the 2007 season.
DAMN!
That cat has been in the bag for the last 6+ months!

He is gonna run like hell now!
:shock:
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

HAM Inc wrote: He is an integral part in the H.A.M./R.A.T. F-Prod 914 currently under construction for the 2007 season.
:shock: What?
HAM Inc

Post by HAM Inc »

Yeah, I decided to come out of the closet and let everyone know I'm ready to join the fun. After years of circle track racing I decided to see if I can turn right too!
The car is far enough along now that I'm a little surprised the whole 914 world doesn't already know! Turns out some folks can keep a secret!
MASSIVE TYPE IV

I didn't say a word!

This is gonna be one hell of a test bed.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Good for you Len!
I hope you can deal with the BS politics that goes on in SCCA though.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

I hope you can deal with the BS politics that goes on in SCCA though
When they see the Rebel flag on the roof they'll know we are there to put the rules committee to work. :shock:
HAM Inc

Post by HAM Inc »

The SCCA BS is what drove my dad out of Vee's and into circle track racing in the mid 70's. He was ready to try something different by then anyway. Switching to circle tracks allowed him to race 40-50 times a year and since he literally won over 95% of his races he made money!

I'm more patient than my dad, and like him I'm ready to try something different, and I'm not interested in racing 40 times a year anymore, (though it was fun for a while!).

I'm following the rules closely as I build the car, and I'm jumping through all of the hoops. If the other guys can do it, so can I.
Unkl Ian

Post by Unkl Ian »

You won't have any problems,
until you start beating the rich guys.

:roll:
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Unkl Ian wrote:You won't have any problems,
until you start beating the rich guys.

:roll:
Yep- with 1/4 the money spent!

Len has built the entire car thus far from EBAY!

we're building the entire engine program based on used parts primarily with the exception of some R&D test items like the new Billet rods...

This entire program is about pushing the limits, something we can't do with our paying race customers safely. If we blow it up- we don't care! (Hell I LIKE breaking things!)
Unkl Ian

Post by Unkl Ian »

We did a simialr deal in SCCA Can Am back in the mid '80s,
running a 2 liter Hart motor.LOW budget home built car,
against big money teams with leased motors from Europe.

They started screaming when they couldn't stay in the draft
on the Andretti straight at Mosport.

We might have pushed the rules on a few things,
but the displacement was legal. :wink:
type3

Post by type3 »

HAM Inc wrote:Ephry I've seen a solid 10% improvement in flow going to a properly designed D-Port with a given valve size.

Type3 I am so glad you love your new heads! I appreciate the patience you displayed while these bad boys were being developed. You definitely have a better product as a result.

I would love to take the credit for the beautiful TIG work on the stubs, but that is the handi work of my neighbor Chuck Manning of Tarmac Motorsports. I designed the stubs, but didn't have the time build them so I enlisted Chuck. He is a very gifted fabricator and his custom sheet metal work and exhaust systems are beautiful. The aircooled world will be hearing a lot more out of Chuck in the coming months. He is an integral part in the H.A.M./R.A.T. F-Prod 914 currently under construction for the 2007 season.
Yeah, I know you guys are busy so I tried to keep my communications to a minimum. :) I guess you still did the ally welding? In that case thank you both for the welding. All top stuff. :D

I look forward to seeing the 914 in action. :)

cheers,
type3
Tony Z

Post by Tony Z »

Looking good, glad to see the development is taking some huge leaps and bounds....

Keep it up