itsa fit!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
crocteau

itsa fit!

Post by crocteau »

Gotta hand it to you Jake, this baby practically jumped off the jack and into the engine bay of my Ghia.
Obviously I still have alot to do, but I couldn't wait to share this.

And here's an angle highlighting some of Chris Foley's Tangerine handiwork...

More to come...
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Wow! Super nice. Mine goes in as soon as I get a new engine seal. KG looks like it has plenty of room. The install into the '63 T1 will be pretty tight. Hope mine comes out looking as good as yours.

More detail pics, when you get a chance, please.

doc
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

That looks super sweet. Gives me something to look forward to as an installation for my Ghia. Who's exhaust system is that?

E
crocteau

Post by crocteau »

Thanks doc; my tins don't hold a candle to yours, and given the photos you've posted it's clear you're going to push the bar a little higher with your install, too. Looking forward to your pics.

Ephry, I think we were looking into type IV exhaust systems about the same time awhile back along with plastermaster Ron. As it turned out, I had some extra time before I had to make a final decision, and during that time Chris Foley at tangerineracing.com came out with his new evo system. That's what it is, and it's fantastic. I've learned a lot from threads you've started here, so it'll be good to read about your next project, too.
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

I thought I recognized the can. Without the pipes I wasn't sure. Chris is a great guy, and knows type 4s for sure. Looks really, really good. Keep us posted.

Glad any of my babblings helped out for sure. I am short on funds, so I have to be as resourceful as I can to get the Ghia back on the road. Once I come up with the final cut, I will post info.

E
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Now thats an install!!

Its also the last Carbon Fiber DTM...
Discontinued due to cost and lack of materials....

Damn good job Charley- Damn good!

Call me on the cell before you touch it off the first time..
d-Mag

dtm install

Post by d-Mag »

I don't post here much but........ That is soooooo cool. Funny I always wanted a KG and never got one but ended up with two from the the karmann works anyhow (914&912) the later I just purchased a DTM for and even though it ain't carbon fiber it's still a thing of beauty,.... in the box!!! Crocteau and Jake you gotta be proud, Good job, the bar has been set high for the rest of us :wink: Don
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Charley,
I'm so glad to see you found time to make some visible progress. The installation looks beautiful so far! :)

Chris Foley
marekv8

Post by marekv8 »

That looks fantastic! I can't believe how much available real estate you've got back there, I'm so starved for space in my early Beetle. The best news is that those parts work even better than they look. Good luck with your efforts.

Regards, Dave
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

marekv8 wrote:That looks fantastic! I can't believe how much available real estate you've got back there, I'm so starved for space in my early Beetle. The best news is that those parts work even better than they look. Good luck with your efforts.

Regards, Dave
Dave, I'm thinking about a conceptual "Herbie/Ghia X" in the future...LOL

We could stuff TWO turbos back there!!!
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

They fit, for sure. Even with an induction airbox to quiet things down, and an intercooler. Plenty of room inside those gorgeous rear fenders.

E
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Check those pics. Somebody been putting some time in on all that red body work. Looks great! Need more pics......

doc
huw'sspeedster

Post by huw'sspeedster »

Ephry73 does that induction box you mention fit with a dtm shroud,or was it hyperthetical?interested in one for the speedster!
Huw
crocteau

Post by crocteau »

Racer Chris wrote:...glad to see you found time to make some visible progress.
:lol: It's all that invisible progress that seems to take forever!
doc wrote:Somebody been putting some time in on all that red body work. Looks great! Need more pics......
I've got pics out the yin-yang and am looking into setting up an album so as not to hog space here. The body wasn't so pretty a couple of years ago, but I'm a lightweight and can't take credit for repairing this kind of erosion:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

Man oh man! I thought my rockers were bad before! How long did it take you to correct the issues Charley?

E