200 ft/lb! first run

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
lowemp

Post by lowemp »

Jake,
I had forgotten how long it has been since we started this. I had my car in storage for over a year, so it made the wait bearable. Out of sight, out of mind.

In that last post I did not want to get too over the top, but the important parts of this build have been the unique touches. The new case from south africa, the one off plenum, pancake cooling on a 2.6L, F.I. development...etc.

I especially appreciate your tolerance of my failed attempt at my own plenum design.

As a physician I have learned to appreciate the art as well as the science of many things. You are at the forefront of both in the small world of type 4 engineering.

It is funny to realize that the tangerine header has been on my shelf in the garage for over 2 years. How many people would have been able to stand that sitting around in plain sight without loosing hope that the project would ever end.

I will still have many years of work on this car, even after the engine is in. After the mechanicals are done and run-in, it will be disassembled and the cosmetics will be done.

I wonder how many people would offer to keep this engine warm while the body is at the shop?

Thanks for the efforts, Jake

Michael
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

lowemp wrote:Jake,
I had forgotten how long it has been since we started this. I had my car in storage for over a year, so it made the wait bearable. Out of sight, out of mind.

In that last post I did not want to get too over the top, but the important parts of this build have been the unique touches. The new case from south africa, the one off plenum, pancake cooling on a 2.6L, F.I. development...etc.

I especially appreciate your tolerance of my failed attempt at my own plenum design.

As a physician I have learned to appreciate the art as well as the science of many things. You are at the forefront of both in the small world of type 4 engineering.

It is funny to realize that the tangerine header has been on my shelf in the garage for over 2 years. How many people would have been able to stand that sitting around in plain sight without loosing hope that the project would ever end.

I will still have many years of work on this car, even after the engine is in. After the mechanicals are done and run-in, it will be disassembled and the cosmetics will be done.

I wonder how many people would offer to keep this engine warm while the body is at the shop?

Thanks for the efforts, Jake

Michael
Michael, I wanted to build a T4 since I was 18. When I was 32 I got around to it. I've had my 2600 project since 1998...I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. And in no way will it be a nice as yours.

Good luck.

Eddie.
Plastermaster

Post by Plastermaster »

Michael said:
Thats where the fun is with this hobby. Its great to have a bad ass driver, but if thats the end of it you might as well buy a production sports car. Its the work we put into our rides that make them special. Not just to ourselves, but pretty much everyone appreciates a job well done on an older car. I get these old ladies giving me the thumbs up when I'm in my Ghia. I guess it reminds them of younger days when they had one of their own. Its nice to see it make them happy. Sometimes they probably wonder what that nonsence is I have under the deck lid. :)

Ron
silverwad

Post by silverwad »

:D :D :?: I have two left hands, so if I wrenched my ride, I'd still be sittin in my driveway with a feather....I'll leave it to the JAKE-MAN and I'll put alot of
love into a fat check that lets me cruise without the bruise!!! Sorry about that guys...still luv ya'all !!! SURFS UP....waxin time

ALOHA, LEO
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

silverwad wrote::D :D :?: I have two left hands, so if I wrenched my ride, I'd still be sittin in my driveway with a feather....I'll leave it to the JAKE-MAN and I'll put alot of
love into a fat check that lets me cruise without the bruise!!! Sorry about that guys...still luv ya'all !!! SURFS UP....waxin time

ALOHA, LEO
I'll bring the Corona's Leo...you down with that?.

That cruise without a bruise is a hurtful but true statement.

Later bro.

If I put a roof rack and a surf board on this, can I come and visit?

silverwad

Post by silverwad »

:D :D Absolutely, BRO....I'll have a few beach bunnies with COCONUT
OIL in hand !!!! waiting for those CORONAs
73'vw412

Post by 73'vw412 »

silverwad wrote::D :D Absolutely, BRO....I'll have a few beach bunnies with COCONUT
HA! You Hawaiians are always waaaaay too happy. I love it! :D
sinistervw

Post by sinistervw »

73'vw412 wrote:
silverwad wrote::D :D Absolutely, BRO....I'll have a few beach bunnies with COCONUT
HA! You Hawaiians are always waaaaay too happy. I love it! :D

THEY LIVE IN HAWAII!!! Have you been there!!!??? If So you should Understand!!!!

Awsome Place!!