Update to deleted post

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
champagne superbeetle

Update to deleted post

Post by champagne superbeetle »

I was on the Type4Rum with questions on general maintenance of a 2056 I will be getting. For some reason, that post has been deleted. My previous log-in name was also deleted and I no longer have access to it. I know there are problems with this site from time to time with hackers and whatever else ... Anyway, ...

Since Jake was the only one responding anyway, I will post my answer to his query about my engine here. The pushrods are stock aluminum. I can repost all of the specs if necessary.
tuna

Post by tuna »

As the sole moderator of the Type 4rum, I did not delete that thread. That thread may have been a victim of the forum software. As for your login name, contact the webmaster here who goes by the username of "doc". He can tell you what the status of your login name is.

What was the thread about?

Tuna
http://vdubgeek.blogspot.com/
Type 4: Secrets Revealed - https://type4secrets.blogspot.com/
Tom's Type 4 Corner - coming soon!
EMPI Imp Homepage - coming soon!
My VWs - http://vdubgeek.blogspot.com/p/my-vdubs_5.html
champagne superbeetle

Post by champagne superbeetle »

I had listed the specs of a T4 I am buying and asked about general maintenance recommendations. Jake had responded with great advice. He wanted to know the material of the pushrod which I did not know at the time.

When I came back to respond with the info from the previous owner, the thread vanished. The worst part selfishly speaking was while I remember much of the advice given, I really wanted to print out a copy. That and I am not sure why the puchrod's spec was important.

I think that post was called "2056 Type 4 - general maintenance" or something close to it.

As for my long-lost username (oasis), that happened around the time I signed up here under my current name which I don't really like that much. I received a PM from "doc" and have responded.

I am sorry if my frustration made it sound like I was being accusatory. I did not mean to implicate anyone as the lost thread being intentional.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

A lot of posts were lost, including a HUGE one that I made concerning our roller cam development.... I don't want to re-type it again!
Wally

Post by Wally »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:A lot of posts were lost, including a HUGE one that I made concerning our roller cam development.... I don't want to re-type it again!
DOC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuna, please have Doc retrieve the above entioned post please, please :roll:
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yeah...
That roller post was very informative!