Q for Jake -- 2316 kit wrist pins are very tight

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Cloudbuster

Q for Jake -- 2316 kit wrist pins are very tight

Post by Cloudbuster »

I discovered the other night that the wrist pins for my 2316 do not go into the connecting rods when applying hand pressure, or even light hammer blows.

Do you recall offhand if these wrist pins are press-fit, or do I need to hone the small ends to get the wrist pins to fit?

Thanks
-mark

PS I should have checked this months ago :oops:
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

They should go through with only light pressure by hand. Are you working in an air conditioned assembly area? I have found that the bushings are very dependant upon temperature and sometimes feel tight when sitting in A/C...

Checking pin fit is part of our prep service and generally we find that the bushings are spot on. Is this one rod, or the whole set?
Cloudbuster

Wrist pins

Post by Cloudbuster »

Temps were in the mid-80s.

2 wrist pins are tight on 2 rods. I didn't try to other 2.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Might want to try the others and see..

If they are all too tight we'll pay the shipping to get them back here to be fit again. I can turn them around in one day, no sweat.
Cloudbuster

Post by Cloudbuster »

Will do.

Thanks!
MASSIVE TYPE IV

We are back to business as usual on Monday, get them here ASAP and I'll knock them out for you.