bus turbo motor

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
markrodarte

bus turbo motor

Post by markrodarte »

Jake,regarding your rat bus, will there be turbo engine kit or turn-key motor available soon? And if so will it be adaptable to the existing or current bus torque motors? I know you've got alot on your plate, just wondering.
Thank you,
Mark
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I do plan on Turboing the current engine in my Company Bus. I also plan on offering a complete Turbo Bus engine, but not a Turbo kit or Turbo engine kit for the bus application..

With the current schedule my Bus will be Turboed in January.
markrodarte

bus turbo motor

Post by markrodarte »

Can't wait to see the dyno results of the turbo, now will this motor be exclusively built just for the powerstroke? Luckily for me January is very realistic in me obtaining a powerstroked bus.
BTW will the powerstroke motors work in the 80-83 vanagons here in CA. Just trying to keep my options open.
Mark
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Please note that the "Pwerstroke" of yesterday and the newest version are drastically different. The older version still works VERY WELL and is still solod in kit form but the new version that I am booking now for complete builds is based on the "Super 2 Liter" platform and solely made possible by the LE series heads that we have not had in the past.

The 80-83 Vanagons are my least favorite of all VW vehicles, the gearing is horrible and they are too heavy. The engine bays are laid out funky and seriously impeded what can be done to the power plant. I do not offer an engine in Turn key form for them. This Turbo engine will be set up for 72-79 Buses only.

As far as California goes, if its a 76 or newer Bus, forget it- there is no way in hell it would make it past the visual inspection!
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

OOOooo!
I knew it!

LE series for busses! Can't wait! :D
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853
MASSIVE TYPE IV

The LE-160 was primarily developed for Bus apps and super high velocity torque engines.. Like the Super 2 Liter..

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/le160.htm
markrodarte

bus turbo motor

Post by markrodarte »

OK, Jake, or anyone that can relate to this subject, will an automatic tranny (pre '76) hold up to the powerstroke or turbo motor?
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Yes it would, BUT the issue is the very short gearing and the excess revs the auto trannyy would make the engine run at..
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

Does this mean that you are getting away from using stroker cranks on bus motors?
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853