Accusump system

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Passatman

Accusump system

Post by Passatman »

Jake do you recommend the accusump system for anyone that's going to drive hard and corner fast in his type4 powered bug.
tallqball

Post by tallqball »

I'd be curious if Jake has any further comments, but I spoke with him early this year about the same subject. My kit car has a lot of suspension mods, and corners very well. I had oiling issues driving on-ramps hard, which probably led to the demise of the camshaft.

His advice was to remove the factory oil baffles, as they tend to keep the oil out of the sump. They slow the return of the oil too much. The other input was to use one of his deep sump kits. Not sure I have enough clearance for the sump in my application.

Jake, pls correct me or add to it if I missed something.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

The deep sump solves 80% of all cornering related oil pressure drops, it does a better job than the accusump honestly.. The reason for this is that the accusump, after it dumps has to recharge and it does so BEFORE the oil is routed back to the engine. This can take a while if the corner is a long sweeper and the system cannot recharge if the oil is still pulled away from the sump pick up.

I have a new product almost completed that welds to the oil pick up tube's OD that creates a barrier for the oil to keep it from reaveling as fast from one side of the case to the other bypassing the pick up tube, these are welded on to the pick up tube and help a lot!

I am also workiing on a thinner oil sump, I took one of my original sumps chopped it down and welded it all back together and will be making a casting from it for a more thin line sump.
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

Jake what about your dry sumop setup.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Its still in development, only being used on a certain few race engines and Super Heros at this point.
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

I really want to go dry sump with my build. I was thinking of getting a porsche 911 dry sump tank from a porsche engineer here in jamaica. Will your dry sump pumps be servicable, pauter sells some ( 2 stage ) that they say is servicable.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Pauter pumps have never impressed me.
Wally

Post by Wally »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Pauter pumps have never impressed me.
You will be with the one I have now:

Its made by a small shop in germany that used to make them for the KäferCup type 4 engines that were used back than.

Very simple set-up (two less openings), 36/30 gears IIRC, internal bearing and not that expensive either.
I have looked a long time before I decided for this one. Very nice piece of german engineering :D

regards,
Walter
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
MASSIVE TYPE IV

That is nice, and it uses the same size gears as the one I have been working with of my own.
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

Wally how much is for that pump. Jake have you seen or used this pump before.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

I had seen pics of one, but didn't know where it came from. I have never used one.
Wally

Post by Wally »

A similar one from Remmele costs about 825 euro's..
I paid about less than half of that.
They are made by a german guy called Thorsten Pieper (hence the TP).
He also seems to make a very nice tool-steel set of type 1 lifters... :roll:
Not sure if he minds to have his email on the net.
I'll ask him if its ok to redirect his email-adres to you. He speaks english afaik.

Regards,
Walter
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Ask him if he's going the the lemans Classic... I'd like to meet up with him. Hell wally you should make the trip too!
Wally

Post by Wally »

Yeah, you know I'd want to. Europe is quite big actually and Lemans a long way (and I have already had my holliday in may :cry: )...

But thanks for the invite :wink:
www.apfelbeck.nl
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Damn, If I can travel across the pond to get their you could certainly go a few hundred miles!! LOL