Breather box

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
IanEpperson

Breather box

Post by IanEpperson »

In a different thread, MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:ANY Performance engine NEEDS adequate pressure scavenging for the crankcase! The smaller the breather box the faster it fills with pressure and becomes worthless. I offer a 1.4 L stainless steel unit that does the job very well and is recommended for all of my engine applications. It is smaller than the CSP unit that is made similar to it and it fits in the engine bay better. Not enough pressure scavenging backs up power and causes oil leaks!
I looked through the Type IV Store and couldn't find it (searched for "breather" "box" even "1.4" and "stainless"). Isn't this just a nice looking sealed box with fittings, or is there something more to it? Looking around other sites, I see they come in various shapes and sizes, some even have an air vent with a filter. I assume that letting it breathe into the intake is easier on the air but a bit harder on the engine.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Mine is not on the store. I have been selling them to engine customers primarily along with the rest of their install kit.

I can hook you up.
Sixty3GL

Post by Sixty3GL »

I don't want to start a trend but I'm in dire need of a box w/ -8AN fittings...I'm waiting on another company and I'm getting fed up...can you help me out Jake?