Ceramic lifter query.

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I'm still very curious as to the real story---Ceradyne sells truck lifters etc directly, so I'll theorize Shubeck pissed off their only supplier like they did their customers.

I wonder if Ceradyne would work with anyone else?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

That's the $50,000 dollar question i would like answered :?: [/img]
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I'm still very curious as to the real story---Ceradyne sells truck lifters etc directly, so I'll theorize Shubeck pissed off their only supplier like they did their customers.
Quite a conclusion you came up with.

I wonder if Ceradyne would work with anyone else?
Been there and done that. If you have 100K to buy a batch of lifters they'll talk to you, BUT don't expect them to do you a favor and make a test unit or even a prototype sample before they make the entire batch.

I started talking to them 2+ years ago when Schubeck started his crap the first time....

These guys deal with Aerospace and the Military, a Type 4 isn't in their food chain unless you have 100K to blow.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

`Nuff said then.

I was thinking more like Crower Cams...
Good rep, etc.

T4 folk aren't the only ones who want ceramic lifters, by a longshot..
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.