Jake you have one of these?

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Can Drive Soon

Jake you have one of these?

Post by Can Drive Soon »

How often do you see a luftpresser?

It has a caption that roughly translated is this.
Right side (cylinder 1 and 2) run as drive, left side (cylinder 3 and 4) run as air compressor.

Quite the interesting contraption.

There is even a small movie of it too.
http://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/cms/index. ... =110931938
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

A guy here in SC makes those.

all you need is a custom camshaft!

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
paul_f

Post by paul_f »

Does anyone sell the custom camshaft?
gaston

Post by gaston »

In Europe you can see VW Boxer engines often on small trailers for the fire fighters => pumping water. It's a nightmare when they start the engine (rev. high). But they withstand the requirements.

By the way: Luftpresser = air compressor (literal translation - sorry). The correct german word is Kompressor (not Luftpresser) ;)

Oliver
bugsterkafer

Post by bugsterkafer »

Yep I agree with you Gaston right in front of my window I can see the fire dept. "building" and they have 2 of these, they still seem to run fine,,, maybe we'll be able to get few of them in few years like the old Post vans who knows :twisted:

Leo