Mallory different on each cylinder?

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Plastermaster

Post by Plastermaster »

One thing I noticed about my windows was that some of them were a tad smaller at the bottoms than at the top.

BTW when I went into the Mallory to reset the advance after opening some of the windows, so it would still be 12-32, I stuck a magnet in there to pick up a lttle screw I couldnt get with my fingers. Then I thought afterwards that might not have been to bright. anyone know if the pick up can easily be effected by a quick dose of magetism?

Ron
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

Magents and electronics don't mix well.....even if the pickup is optical.
:shock:

And unless someone else will admit to doing this, I doubt if anyone
knows fer SURE!
:wink:

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
IanEpperson

Post by IanEpperson »

anyone know if the pick up can easily be effected by a quick dose of magetism?
Unless the magnet is very strong or you were moving the magnet very very fast - fast enough to create a decent current - the magnet shouldn't hurt anything.

You don't want a magnet near a computer because the magnetic media - floppy disks and hard drives - can be damaged or erased. I'd be quite suprised if the Mallory had a tiny hard drive :wink:

I've been working around computers my whole life, worked as an Electronic Warfare operator in the Navy, and even took courses on ESD and EMP. As Dstar said, since I didn't try it and test it, I don' t actually know fer SURE, but I'd bet money that it's fine.
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

You go to Great Mistakes fer training?
I taught B.E.E.P. there.

Most electronics today are stable. Those of old, yes in the days when
I switched to *solid-state* electronics :lol: , you could NOT even get
a magnet NEAR a transistor!

I wouldn't admit to doing anything like that either.....not saying that I
haven't screwed up a $69.95 Pertronix before, just saying that I would
not ADMIT to it!
:twisted:

That's MY story!

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
Plastermaster

Post by Plastermaster »

C'mon DON fess up! I did! :D Tell us about the time you went polking around your petronix with your lottle magnet. :D

Ron
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

:oops:

Don
IanEpperson

Post by IanEpperson »

dstar5000 wrote:You go to Great Mistakes fer training?
I taught B.E.E.P. there.
Naw, they tought us EW's along with the CT's down in Pensacola Florida - so they set us to boot camp in Orlando.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

they set us to boot camp in Orlando.
Boot Camp is at Parris Island...

Orlando is a vacation- Gimme a break!
LOL
IanEpperson

Post by IanEpperson »

Yeah, the surfing competitions, the contant Pina Coladas, all that lounging in hammocks, THAT's what boot camp is all about! :wink:

But really, the Navy didn't suck until I moved aboard ship.
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

The Navy didn't suck until they started the "Not in My Navy" campagin in 79-80.....
:lol:

Don